Ares Games

Thread: Nothing to do with politics

Default Nothing to do with politics

Barnaby of Derbyshire made a good point, that I had forgotten about, Tom King and his defence cuts, At the time one of the cuts was a revamp of H.M.S. Bristol a type 82 DestroyerAttachment 183380
    (The only one, due to early cuts in the defence budget years before Mr King) This put my "nose out of joint" So I did it myself on a budget of about 10pAttachment 183381
    As Normal here comes my question, have you guys made any fantasy models?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Drew for supportive comment above. Interesting reminder for me of where the Front Line First white paper (1990) also had ramifications away from the Royal Air Force.

Your take on this one for the Royal Navy just got you Rep Pointed. Made me laugh however I also have a serious answer to your question. This one is the Focke Wulf Fw.190D-13 Night Fighter version with it's Version 2 antenna. All it needs to enter the game is an official WGS R Manoeuver Deck - though I may at last have just found one. Repainted in September 2015:

Name:  62. Focke Wulf Fw.190D-13 Night Fighter Official Mini Repaint.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  164.9 KB

And a very nice job you made of it too Drew.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice FW, Barney. Nice conversion Drew.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Both are now part of the Rapid Response Brigade protecting our good Isle, or somebody else's if we have nothing else to do .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

The Joint Rapid Reaction Force was an initiative in the 1998 Strategic Defence Review. An initial rapid reaction capability was declared in April 1999 and was fully operational in 2001. It was originally intended that JRRF would be able to mount up to two simultaneous operations of up to 15,000 personnel each. George Robertson was the UK's Defence Minister at the time of the 1998 Strategic Defence Review.

These two ships would be allocated to the SNF or Spearhead Naval Force along with one attack submarine and supported by one ship from the Royal Fleet Auxiliary or RFA. They would be deployed during part 1 of this two-stage operation.

Would never happen. Same as the idea behind 24 Air Mobile Brigade. Not enough air lift to qualify as RR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    The Joint Rapid Reaction Force was an initiative in the 1998 Strategic Defence Review. An initial rapid reaction capability was declared in April 1999 and was fully operational in 2001. It was originally intended that JRRF would be able to mount up to two simultaneous operations of up to 15,000 personnel each. George Robertson was the UK's Defence Minister at the time of the 1998 Strategic Defence Review.

These two ships would be allocated to the SNF or Spearhead Naval Force along with one attack submarine and supported by one ship from the Royal Fleet Auxiliary or RFA. They would be deployed during part 1 of this two-stage operation.

That was so last decade. Now we have the RFTG, which deploys annually and in recent years seems to have had an uncanny knack of being close to somewhere interesting when things happen. I had some of my trainees on the 2014 deployment.

I stand corrected as that was what we were talking about. I withdraw gracefully and fall onto my sword......

steady on old chap, don't want to make a mess in the mess

Name:  Richthofen 1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  172.8 KBName:  Richthofen 2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  156.6 KBName:  Richthofen 3.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  161.7 KB

Two fantasy Manfred von Richthofen Fokker DVIIs I painted up

Nice models Tim, Manfred would have been proud to fly one of your "Kite's" Also I love the background, Can you tell me about it? or where I can print it off, "Fingers crossed"

Similar Missions

1. The French Air Force In 1940 Was It Defeated by the Luftwaffe or by Politics?
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 09:46