Ares Games

Thread: Stafford Games no more

Default Stafford Games no more

Met Roland from Stafford games at Halesowen show at the weekend, we have the age old Good news and Bad news.

First the Bad, Stafford games have sold up and are no more, so no tripping along to gain reinforcements at shows . Roland is now concentrating on a degree at uni so I for one want to wish him well and for the perks given over the past few years to all who wore a Wings polo shirt. Thanks Roland and Stafford Games

The good news is that his stock will still be going to shows under a new guise, I cant remember the name of the new owners but they intend to keep things going, ably assisted by Roland at shows, so there may still be a familiar face and stock for us at some shows.
    The new owners are known to at least one member of the forum here and we hope to keep Wings stocks going with the new owners.
    One other thing that Roland mentioned that a few days after he sold up he noticed that his distributor was now saying the WW1 RaP was now back in stock, huzzah, but who will get them we dont know.

Roland doesnt frequent these hallowed halls but if you see him at a show I hope youll pass on best wishes to him in his new guise
    Last edited by Boney10; 12-07-2015 at 03:27.

Thankyou Roland - a gentleman and a scholar

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Indeed! He's always given us great service (and often, discounts!) and always had time for a chat.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Definitely a Gentleman and a Scholar now Roland's reading for a degree! I wish him all the best

Battlefield Hobbies have taken over Stafford Games.

Website (under construction is it is a brand new business)
    Facebook group.

I've known Hammy, one of the owners, for many years. He's a very keen and accomplished wargamer, is involved in boardgame publishing, and arranges a very large games convention, StabCon, twice a year in Stockport. (The next one is very soon actually, 8-10 January.) He is A Good ChapTM. Will update when we have more info.
    Last edited by Prodromoi; 12-07-2015 at 09:22. Reason: Typo

OK, here's a bit more of an update - still early days, please note:

They'll give 10% off RRP across the board, and if there's a bigger order and we talk nicely to them, they'll try to offer a bigger discount. Shipping is Ł2.95 on orders less than Ł80 and shipping is free above Ł80.

Importantly - they do have some stock of the WWI Starter Sets at Ł52.95 (then minus 10%); these are the Rules and Accessories Pack plus four planes (Fokker Dr.I, Albatros D.Va, Camel, SPAD XIII from memory without checking). There is one currently in stock with five more on the way. They don't have the RAP box as a 'stand-alone' at the moment but are trying to get hold of some.

To contact/order, since the website is not yet live for orders, phone or email:
    01327 702001
    jack AT battlefieldhobbies.co.uk
    hammy AT battlefieldhobbies.co.uk

(replace the AT with the usual @ symbol; I've done this to hopefully defeat email-seeking spambots!)
    Last edited by Prodromoi; 12-07-2015 at 09:21. Reason: Typo

Good news there , Will they post overseas ?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Good news there , Will they post overseas ?
    I would certainly expect so. I don't know the overseas shipping rates, so probably dropping them an email with an idea of what the order might be would probably be best.

Well best of luck Roland in your future endeavours, and all the best to Bsttlrfield Hobbies.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Saddened - but its understandable, top bloke Roland and always a source of affordable items. I wish him all the best in his studies (something Historical?), and hope that we get the chance to catch up at future shows, who knows we may even get him flying with us at some point. Thanks for everything Roland - my air force would be much smaller were it not for Stafford Games.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Best of luck Roland - and hope to see (and buy from) Battlefield Hobbies at a show in 2016

What a shame. I hope things work out well for Roland. He was such an accommodating chap, and did us a lot of good deals as well as supporting shows.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Have you tried this one in your games?
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 15:34
  2. Other Games
    By Doug in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 14:27
  3. Want more games...
    By alpine in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 13:24
  4. FRP games