Ares Games

Thread: BRITCON

Default BRITCON

August 12th, 13th & 14th: BRITCON, BHGS's event at UMIST in Manchester.

We have a guaranteed table at this event. If we can get good support I will try and ask for 2. This is a 3 day event.

Accommodation is available at reduced prices for those requiring it.

It may be we split into 2-3 teams and each team will take on one or more of the days of the days.

It is a way off yet so any ideas would be appreciated.

We now have a show on the west coast where we have been devoid of a show for some time, if ever.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Ah UMIST Many a happy day spent supping the cheap ale there in 77.
    Love to attend but Donnie is my first love , but would love to see some shots of the games .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Heard Manc called a lot of things but never West Coast ! Good luck with it, I will be on the South West's North coast on a belly board !

"He is wise who watches"

As my Squadron area borders two other countries and has an east and west seaboard I thought I would stick to compass directions....oh no! Wrong site...what will Tim say?

NO MORE SAILS!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I thought UMIST had merged with the University of Manchester in 2004 - could be they have retained their own names etc despite this.

The West Coast Main Line or WCML branches off into Manchester if you know your railway geography so this is where the coast reference may have come from. Mind you this is almost identical to saying that Leeds is on the east coast due to the way the East Coast Main Line (ECML) branches off to there

Looking like a good event is shaping up there anyway - Barnes Wallis Building and surrounding area has been renovated and rebuilt in places since the merger though hopefully the car park on Charles Street is still there / Halls of Residence in immediate vicinity have not been dispensed with.
    Last edited by Tonx; 12-04-2015 at 21:26. Reason: Barnes Wallis Building improvements mentioned.

Apologies Tim. I shall not utter the unmentionable again....well I might but it will be unintentional.....I swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    <<<AHEM!!!>>>

That might clash with a holiday planned for our 30th Wedding Anniversary - if not - count me in

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I'd like to try Britcon - it would hopefully overturn my previous experience of Manchester, which would have to go down as the worst weekend visit I have ever had in the U.K.

If you check the British Historical Games Society website link they have the accommodation details there. It is mainly a Sat/Sun show but there are a few games played o the Friday night. I would see us doing Sat/Sun. With some who can doing both days and others either Sat or Sun.

http://www.bhgs.org.uk/britcon.html