Ares Games

Thread: It's that time of year again - CANCON 2016

Default It's that time of year again - CANCON 2016

Curse You, Red Baron!

System: Wings of Glory First World War

1914-1918… The Great War. World War One. The War to End All Wars It was the war that gave us names such as Gallipoli, The Somme, Verdun, Paschendaele, Ypres. It was the war that first saw the widescale use of machine guns, radios, tanks and aircraft. It was a time when airmen fought against each other, both in single combat, and in wild melees involving dozens of opponents – “Dogfights”. It was the time of the infamous “Red Baron”, Freiherr Manfred Von Rochthofen, and his scarlet painted Fokker Dr.I Triplane. Opposing him were equally famous planes – the Sopwith Camel, the Bristol Fighter, the Spad XIII and SE5a. “Curse you, Red Baron!” is a game where players take on the role of pilots of these aircraft, flying against each other in the skies over Europe at the climax of the war, 1918, Missions involve clearing the sky of the enemy, intercepting giant multi-engine aircraft, spying on enemy troop movements, rescuing friendly pilots downed behind enemy lines, even attempting to shoot down enemy observation balloons using incendiary bullets or rockets. The game uses the award-winning “Wings of Glory”

System. The single page of rules (including illustrations of examples) takes 5 minutes to learn. It is a game suitable for the whole family, yet manages to capture the essence of aerial combat during this period.

This game will run on: Saturday, Sunday, Monday
    http://www.cgs.asn.au/cancon/participation/

Exclamation

Sadly Zoe I will have to miss attending Cancon this time as I will not be back from Qld. until late that weekend due to House Sitting duties for my Daughter & her family.
    Best of Luck for a successful Con & I will look forward to reading & seeing pics of the various games.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I love seeing your run-up to Cancon and the AARs and photos - it's the next best thing to being there!

Much luck and success this year as you begin to 'assemble the troops' for a bang-up convention, Zoe. Wish I could be there to help out! At least I'm there vicariously and in spirit

All the best,
    Matt

Hi Guys,

I will not be able to attend CANCON 2016. I have booked my flights though and they will let me shift the dates. So I was thinking of shifting the dates to cover the weekend of July 16 - 17. Does that sound right for Wintercon this year?

Baxter
    Last edited by Baxter; 01-04-2016 at 17:27.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith
    Sorties Flown

I will be over from New Zealand to play DBA. However, I will certainly try and get down to see some of the games if time allows. I've enjoyed seeing briefly your and Carl's WWII games in other years.

Similar Missions

1. Pražský Con 2016
    By Dan-Sam in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-26-2015, 09:47
  2. Cancon 2016 ?
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 17:38
  3. One to look out for in 2016
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7