Ares Games

Thread: Almost great news

Default Almost great news

Good news (Almost) 809 Naval Air Squadron (NAS) has been resurrected as the first Royal Navy formation to fly the UK’s Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter aircraft. The F-35B Attachment 182838 The Commissioning date for NAS 809 new carrier late 2017, you think thats bad? read on, A design flaw has left a fighter jet that's part of the Pentagon's most expensive project ever incapable of carrying the military's most highly advanced bombs. The F-35B's internal weapons bay is too small for a Small Diameter Bomb II (SDB II) load, according to an Inside Defence report, The fighter jet is the centrepiece of the British Royal Navy's new aircraft carrier-based fleet, and dozens have already been ordered. you think thats bad, read on (again) The Pentagon has announced, The F-35 in general - and the F-35B in particular - has been plagued by massive cost overruns and delays. you think thats bad, read on (again again) "sounds like something out of the Teletubbies" Joe DellaVedova, a spokesman for the F-35 program "Lockheed Martin will likely get the alterations contract down the line in 2015.so the jet can be released on schedule" Ok so maybe we can live with one fault? But when are we going to receive our planes? The UK's original plan was to have eight F-35s in service by 2023. Now, according to Mr Osborne, we'll have 24 of the jets, split across the UK's two new aircraft carriers, the HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales. OH! I hear you say that's 12 planes on a carrier designed for a typical war load of 24 F-35Bs, But the Queen Elizabeth classAttachment 182849 can operate "a Tailored Air Group rather than fixed Carrier Air Group" which in "English" means, she should embarked (if needed, Ho Ho Ho) 36 F-35B’s, A government spokesman (2012) said " The aircraft will be able to be adjusted to meet current requirements and threats, and I don’t see there being much call for 36 F-35B’s if delivering humanitarian aid" I think he thought that was funny! So what are the "people at the top" doing about the F-35B Lightning II ? Answer their going to redesignate the plane to BK-1, Next month a decision will be taken on calling the plane the "BK-1 Sea Lightning" I wonder if the "BK" designation is because the plane is going to be Sponsored by Burger King? Attachment 182847

I suppose that the Royal Navy will be glad to receive any planes. The carriers will also be able to operate helicopters and drones.

I can't imagine why we are brought to this state of affairs!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I can't imagine why we are brought to this state of affairs!
    Rob.
    That Rob, is because we have a Ministry of Defence which expends its energy in justifying its existence instead of concentrating on effective forward planning!
    I actually went back and inserted the word 'effective' after I read what I had just written.

Well said Reg

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Default Whats next?

I don't know about you guys, But I'm wondering if we are breaking the "trade descriptions act" by saying "Great Britain"? should we rebrand to "Mediocre Britain"?

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, But I'm wondering if we are breaking the "trade descriptions act" by saying "Great Britain"? should we rebrand to "Mediocre Britain"?
    I'm afraid to say that I agree with you but I suppose it's a conclusion to punching above your weight for so long. It couldn't go on for ever!

Similar Missions

1. Ouch! Airplane magazine - good news and bad news.
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 11:47
  2. Great news from Andrea
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 00:59
  3. Good News, Bad News, Good News, Uncertain News
    By spin_doctor in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 14:34
  4. Replies: 2