Ares Games

Thread: RISE OF FLIGHT?

Default RISE OF FLIGHT?

Am looking for a good WW1 air combat sim to play on my PC - Rise of Flight - does anyone play it? and is it any good?
    or does anyone have any other suggestions (free to play would be preferable - means I can keep pennies for more WoG planes....)

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Chris. Hope you are well - in terms of free WW1 flight sims I afraid my knowledge stops at Hostile Skies (as Posted on here a few months ago - very very addictive!)

http://www.miniclip.com/games/hostile-skies/en/

Payware-wise I would seriously suggest having a look at Warbirds 2016 which is by IE Entertainment Network and which now encompasses WW1 and WW2. Until Warbirds 2012 was issued this was the WW2 simulation good that it has always been and Dawn of Aces was the separate WW1 simulation which until they were combined I had never tried. But in the latest Warbirds 2016 package there is even a tank simulation which features both wars. In the air you are given the opportunity to fly single seat fighters and larger types at EASY / RELAXED REALISM / FULL REALISM levels of simulation. There is also an Online Multiplayer feature which works on a very limited basis but you have to pay an additional monthly fee to activate this feature fully. Downloadable from Total Simulations Series (IE Entertainment Network) website or hard copy buyable from same source ...

Rise of Flight I hear is quite good although I have never played it myself. This I believe is WW1-based and features multiple aircraft types and extensive flight arenas in which you operate and fight.

For a real WW1 flying experience but no shoot 'em up factor attached to it the offerings on Microsoft Flight Simulator in conjunction with Flightsim.com would keep you occupied for hours. Types I know are available are the Sopwith Camel and Bristol SE5 on the Entente side with the Fokker DR.1 and Eindekker E.1 available from the Central Powers. Multiple colour schemes available for each aircraft. Care: You would be best seeking my assistance to set the WW1 flight factors up fully as well as additional FS enhancements which I would recommend for additional realism. In which case always happy to help ...

AVOID: Wings of Prey although I think this may be WW2-based only. Beautiful graphics there may be but the rest of this combat simulator by Gaijin Games is an absolute stinker. Including updates required to enable sections of it to run at all ... Which are no longer available. Also marketed by Iceberg Interactive - just AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

ALSO AVOID: War Thunder which claims to be an online free combat flight simulator. In reality it is very pay to progress-based and another stinker with beautiful graphics attached by Gaijin Games. WW2-based only again.

You can download it for free with 3 planes Nieu 17 Spad 13 and Alb DVa. I'm pretty sure the download gives you full access to SP MP and campaigns.

It's a great sim.

Cheers guys

I would Highly recommend Rise of Flight it is a very gd WW1 flight sim (which admittedly are thin on the ground) the bonus is its free to play so if u dont like it no harm, downside u do have to pay for access to most aircraft but when u balance that against the fact it is free together with steam sales (which aircraft packs are often included) it balances out, on top of this mods such as Pat Wilson Campaign Generator really add further in depth and a stronger campaign to the base game. Hope this helps Hedeby!

Wings Over Flanders Fields is another option I've heard of Chris, looks similar quality to RoF but again you have to pay for aircraft pack updates. Anyway here's a link that may help you decide: http://www.overflandersfields.com/
    Looks like you require Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 to install WOFF.
    Last edited by flash; 12-02-2015 at 01:11.

"He is wise who watches"

Wow - looked at the trailers for WoFF and it looks amazing, thanks Dave

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Wings Over Flanders Fields (Old Brown Dog Software / 2013) does require CFS3 according to Flightsim.com ... However it does not require CFS3 to be installed. As the installation progress is in motion for WOFF you are asked to insert one of the Microsoft CFS3 discs. The reason for this is WOFF uses key components from CFS3 in order to function as opposed to being an add-on which requires CFS3 to be completely installed as a pre-requisite.

Looked at WOFF trailers having played CFS3 loads in my PC Gaming past ... Thinking that the scenery and aircraft detail quality were much better than I have ever seen in CFS3! WOFF is a development of Over Flanders Fields which I have never heard of before and I'm sure that Flightsim.com just told me that up to 55 different aircraft types are on offer in WOFF ...

ROF for me Chris

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I've been playing Rise of Flight for a few years now (almost since it came out) and have shamelessly spent a lot of money on all the optional birds and mods. I can't recommend it enough. You can make it as realistic as you like and some craft are really hard to fly, and some a lot easier. I still have trouble landing the Albatross D.II for some reason.

Similar Missions

1. Rise of Flight
    By skyking20 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 16:53
  2. National: Rise of flight
    By Bluedevil in forum Belgian Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 02:04
  3. The Rise Of Flight
    By rOEN911 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10