Ares Games

Thread: New Ammo Belt Checker required!

Default New Ammo Belt Checker required!

Had a game today my Bristol and S.E.5a vs my fathers Siemens Schuckert and Fokker D.VII

These are the rounds i put into my fathers Fokker..... Name:  IMG_1068.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  182.3 KB

i think my crews need to either hire someone to check their belts or do it themselves either way this was rather frustrating especially as it came along with an 8 game streak of my planes being set on fire!....permission to lie down sir??

That's rough!
    You DID shuffle the decks before you started, right?

i'd love to say no and have it as my own fault but it was well and truly shuffled beforehand

Kismet is a fickle thing!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    Isn't he the little green frog that goes out with Miss Piggy?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    haha yes it certainly is, when he showed me the cards at the end with how many of them were 0's as well as gunjams id had in the game i came to the conclusion that obviously I was not meant to win this one!

Maybe your just flying in a black cloud.....tough to shake them off.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBoar View Post
    Had a game today my Bristol and S.E.5a vs my fathers Siemens Schuckert and Fokker D.VII

i think my crews need to either hire someone to check their belts or do it themselves either way this was rather frustrating especially as it came along with an 8 game streak of my planes being set on fire!....permission to lie down sir??
    I'll take that Fokker

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I'll take that Fokker
    Haha thanks we like it purchased from Dom, its the red paint i heard the french think its bullet proof ........ and im starting to believe them!

Captain possibly.... whatever it is i hope i manage to shake it off ASAP!

Both Hedeby and I ended up with 10 and 11 zeros respectively at the Pre Christmas Dog fight event and that in two different games. For which we were both very grateful. Don't knock your luck cos' eventually it turns around and goes the other way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Both Hedeby and I ended up with 10 and 11 zeros respectively at the Pre Christmas Dog fight event and that in two different games. For which we were both very grateful. Don't knock your luck cos' eventually it turns around and goes the other way!
    yes quite XD admittedly weve certainly had more zeros on a plane before , but it was the jams that were more laughable between the engine damage, pilot wound and the fire i also had

im looking forward to it tuning around *rubs hands together with an evil smirk* muahahahaah

wow! and i piss and moan over 3 jams in the same game........did you fly through a sandstorm on the way to the fight? maybe it was sabotage. is your armorer overfond of wiener schnitzel?

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    wow! and i piss and moan over 3 jams in the same game........did you fly through a sandstorm on the way to the fight? maybe it was sabotage. is your armorer overfond of wiener schnitzel?
    Wiener schnitzel no..... but he does go on about German beer and talk about his very good friend Fritz.......... i think u might be onto something here Phillip!!!

Choose the 'Bullet Checker' Ace skill next time, Rob. It will help.

Had a similar "bad hand" trying to bring down a Gotha

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Choose the 'Bullet Checker' Ace skill next time, Rob. It will help.
    Noted after this game ill certainly be taking it more often!

And Tikki not what you want when ur trying to shoot down something with that many hit points is it ahah

Think you should not load the blame on your armaments mechanic - in my book a zero is actually a MISS, therefore, alas it is your gunsight or eyesight wherein lies the fault #respect the ground crew, lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Think you should not load the blame on your armaments mechanic - in my book a zero is actually a MISS, therefore, alas it is your gunsight or eyesight wherein lies the fault #respect the ground crew, lol
    Quick, put in an order for more carrots

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    Quick, put in an order for more carrots
    hahaa they are on the list in triplicate!

Muttley

Quote Originally Posted by WarBoar View Post

long may it continue!!........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3CE04LGiA

Similar Missions

1. Guns and Ammo
    By mik in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 08:40
  2. ammo and fuel
    By va beach ace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 18:30
  3. Limited ammo
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGS: House Rules