Ares Games

Thread: Storks and Circuses

Default Storks and Circuses

Finished off some Spad VII kits I'd just left in their basic markings previously and redid a few loose WoW Albatros DVa models that had been gathering dust. Not the best pics I'm afraid, just used my phone.

Last edited by IRM; 10-11-2010 at 11:57.

The VIIs are really nice. Well done.

Very nicely done.

Nice job, that got me thinking how great 4 planes look. The problem is now I'll have to get 4 of everything.

Cheers,

Aled

Very nice, great paint jobs. Who makes the kits?

The Spad VII models are from Skytrex.

Quote Originally Posted by IRM View Post
    The Spad VII models are from Skytrex.
    How have you found their models? I purchased a SE 5a kit from them some time back and was pretty unhappy with it. Many of the bits didn't line up properly, or were poorly molded requiring me to make them myself (such as the cross spars).

There are a couple planes I would like to build/have (such as the Nieuport 28, and the FE 2b), but am unsure I want to trust Skytrex again (on a different note, the Air200 from Noble Miniatures, 1/200 scale minis for WW2 are great, I have a P51, P40, Stuka, Hurricane, and others from them).

They look great.

Charming set of aircraft. If only I had the room for large flights. I only have Jasta 11 and a flight of Camels and SE5's. All the rest are the single models and I'm running out of space.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

You'll need to build a hangar in your back garden

I just use one of these:
    Last edited by IRM; 10-12-2010 at 05:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    How have you found their models? I purchased a SE 5a kit from them some time back and was pretty unhappy with it. Many of the bits didn't line up properly, or were poorly molded requiring me to make them myself (such as the cross spars).
    They're a bit of a mixed bag. Out of what I've built: IMO their Albatros and SE5 models aren't up to much, but their Fokker Dr1, Nieuports, DH2s and SPADs are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by IRM View Post
    They're a bit of a mixed bag. Out of what I've built: IMO their Albatros and SE5 models aren't up to much, but their Fokker Dr1, Nieuports, DH2s and SPADs are really nice.
    That's good to know. I have a DVII kit lying about unfinished, largely due to the fact I was so turned off by the SE 5a kit that I could bear to go through the hassle again.

Maybe I'll try their Nieuport.

Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    That's good to know. I have a DVII kit lying about unfinished, largely due to the fact I was so turned off by the SE 5a kit that I could bear to go through the hassle again.

Maybe I'll try their Nieuport.
    I have built a Skytrex Nieuport 28, and have a couple of unbuilt ones as well. Not a bad kit. Requires some clean up. There is a small mistake on the cowl that is very hard to fix, so I hid it with the prop. I made my own cabine struts as well, not too hard that. I like that Skytrex kit.

Well done. They look very good.

Nice ones. I have roughly a 60/40 split official & Skytrex. Will post pics soon to let oyu see. From Skytrex I mainly get models not yet available from WoW

Very nice work Iain.
    John,