Ares Games

Thread: Looking for Duel sets...

Default Looking for Duel sets...

Hi all, I run a school game s club, and we have a WoG campaign each year. The last few years I have bought a Duel set as the prize for winning the campaign, but imagine my dismay when I discover no-one seems to have them anymore!

I need one for next Wednesday, hence posting here in the Australian page. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Got one squirreled away I can buy from you?

Dave

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Hi Dave - AA is out of stock currently of both WW1 / WGF Duel Packs and I've just had a look on E-Bay. Cannot find anything but before becoming completely disheartened I was only looking at items available to buyers in the UK.

There may be two UK-based solutions to your quandary however I would seriously advise that you check availability with this first one in person somehow. They have an annoying habit of advertising items which are not actually in stock but they still somehow allowed me to pay for the item I encountered problems with. This stockist is Wayland Games who are based in Essex.

Firestorm Games based in Southampton or Portsmouth is the other possibility. Maybe worth getting in touch with them as a last resort ...

Usually items take around ten days door to door to reach Australia from the UK. As reliably flown there via Airbus A380-800 or Boeing 777-300ER / the odd B744 still courtesy of British Airways! Never had a problem posting items or receiving items to/from Australia ... I know these are only possibilities and there's that ten day delay involved but I seriously hope the above is of some help given what the Duel Pack is a prize for: Even if like I say it's as a last resort
    Last edited by Tonx; 11-23-2015 at 19:14. Reason: Complete re-write of posting.

cptncc1701d

I find that Duel sets are really hard to find these days. None of my FLGS have them and even the big North American suppliers don't have stock.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by cptncc1701d View Post
    I find that Duel sets are really hard to find these days. None of my FLGS have them and even the big North American suppliers don't have stock.
    Stephen ... Welcome to the Aerodrome - I notice from your sortie count and join date that you are new here. The best thing I reckon you could do is Report For Duty and let us all know you are here - we have a relatively large Canadian contingent so you may well end up meeting some gaming opponents this way. We're a friendly bunch - none of this noobs business or flaming! Anything you need you are very welcome to just ask

Back on topic my fingers are tightly crossed for Dave and this search's success ...
    Last edited by Tonx; 11-23-2015 at 19:29. Reason: Return thread to topic.

Quote Originally Posted by cptncc1701d View Post
    Stephen,
    Welcome to the 'drome! From waayy out on the West Coast! Lots of players in the Toronto area, even if they aren't very active on the Forum.

Oh! and Dave,
    The last Duel Pack I saw in a local store (Comox) was this last summer. But I bought it and gave it away in August at InCON 2015.

However, Curious Too! GameCentral in Victoria, BC may have several. They had a rack of them in March? Might be a bit late, but they don't have a web catalog. You could contact them by email?

Curious Comics - Game Central
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thanks very much for the help fellas, the replies are appreciated I will have to stick to local suppliers at this point, as next week is the last week of school so I really need to KNOW I will have it in my hands mid-week.

My back-up plan is to give a gift voucher for the LGS that does have stock of aircraft, at least the kid can get something

Still hoping an Aussie has a LGS with stock!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    They can be had - for truly outrageous prices.
    http://www.fishpond.com.au/Toys/Wing...FUFwvAodfSUP-Q
    On sale at $89? Bargain!

:/

Thanks anyway Zoe

Dave

Thumbs up

G'day Dave! Long time no hear.
    Glad to see you are still active in promoting the game.
    Sorry I cant assist with a supplier for the Duel Packs.
    I guess you have tried Milsoms (?)

Cheers Baz.

Hi Barry, still kicking here mate! Yeah, the kids still love the game. I am also running (and playing) X-Wing, but some kids just prefer the WWI biplane theme, and not fussing about points and upgrades.

Milsims website shows out of stock, and I hear they have become VERY unreliable for orders.

Cheers,
    Dave

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rat of Vengence View Post
    Hi Barry, still kicking here mate! Yeah, the kids still love the game. I am also running (and playing) X-Wing, but some kids just prefer the WWI biplane theme, and not fussing about points and upgrades.

Milsims website shows out of stock, and I hear they have become VERY unreliable for orders.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Yeah & their prices are over the top!

Similar Missions

1. WGF Looking for the following card sets
    By AZTiger98 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 12:38
  2. eBay 1/72 I WW AIR SETS
    By Supercap in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 11:28