We will remember them.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	683.5 KB 
ID:	180596

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

We Will Remember Them

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

We will remember them.

Remembrance
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Maybe Gone But Never Forgotten

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

As we that are left grow old, they remain eternally young.

We must remember them.

All the best,
    Matt

remember them and all whove fallen to the futile madness of war

We used to recite that poem every Remembrance Day when I was growing up in BC.
    I still can recite it to this day.

This is my Facebook profile pic for the week

Name:	Remembrance Day.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	180682

Gone but not forgotten, we shall always remember and honor.

...still need to write that horror story based on a serious misinterpretation (or not...?) of the end of "In Flanders Fields"....

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    ...still need to write that horror story based on a serious misinterpretation (or not...?) of the end of "In Flanders Fields"....
    OH GOD!!!!!! please dont give the zombie crowd any more fodder! thats all we need "the great war of the living dead".

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    OH GOD!!!!!! please dont give the zombie crowd any more fodder! thats all we need "the great war of the living dead".
    Way too late to head that one off I'm afraid.... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathwatch_(2002_film)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

... Actually let's try:

+1 and even that may not emphasise just how Well Said Sir this comment really is!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Way too late to head that one off I'm afraid.... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathwatch_(2002_film)
    you would have thought that somebody somewhere would have had the sense to think that this one was for laying down and avoiding! World War 2 comes in for the same treatment in the animated film Paths of Hate - which the video to Gunship's song Fly For Your Life is based upon.

However I have had some bare-faced cheek of a Magic player telling me all about how wargaming glamorises all that is wrong with the world and evil etc ... Well that's them off my Xmas card list then!

War does not decide whose right but tends to decide who is left - especially in terms of Total War which in essence was never really experienced until + mechanisation / industrialisation = WW1. But without conflict even games like Magic and the many zombification concepts and games which exist would not be possible or in many cases creatable. Most of all because in all too many of them civilization and normality fights back. But it's the treatment and observation / respect wargamers have for their subject compared with stuff like Deathwatch which is what I was driving at throughout this discussion - these films strike me as flippancy where flippancy does not belong. Or phrased alternatively things were already bad enough about WW1 and WW2 without stuff like this being added to the equation!
    Last edited by Tonx; 11-09-2015 at 15:29. Reason: Typo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post

War does not decide who is right but tends to decide who is left
    Great statement.

In Memory:

9558 Pte. Arthur George Jarman, D Company, 1st Battalion, Somerset Light Infantry. Died of wounds, June 2nd 1915 aged 21 years. You saw too much of death before seeing enough of life RIP

Name:	AGJ candle.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	180799

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    you would have thought that somebody somewhere would have had the sense to think that this one was for laying down and avoiding! World War 2 comes in for the same treatment in the animated film Paths of Hate - which the video to Gunship's song Fly For Your Life is based upon.

However I have had some bare-faced cheek of a Magic player telling me all about how wargaming glamorises all that is wrong with the world and evil etc ... Well that's them off my Xmas card list then!

War does not decide whose right but tends to decide who is left - especially in terms of Total War which in essence was never really experienced until + mechanisation / industrialisation = WW1. But without conflict even games like Magic and the many zombification concepts and games which exist would not be possible or in many cases creatable. Most of all because in all too many of them civilization and normality fights back. But it's the treatment and observation / respect wargamers have for their subject compared with stuff like Deathwatch which is what I was driving at throughout this discussion - these films strike me as flippancy where flippancy does not belong. Or phrased alternatively things were already bad enough about WW1 and WW2 without stuff like this being added to the equation!
    tell the card flopper youll pay attention to him when he graduates to REAL games..........

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

tell the card flopper youll pay attention to him when he graduates to REAL games..........
    Yes Sir!

We just marked our Veteran's Day at my son's cub scout pack meeting. We had six WWII veterans (along with many other Veterans) attend and the boys got to thank them personally. The VFW post gave each boy a remembrance poppy. I hope that experience stays with the young ones, I'm never sure if they understand the true impact of what it means to serve our country.

Do you ever tell the scouts of their own history? War has some serious spin offs, some good and some bad. The scout movement being one of the very good.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by diceslinger View Post
    We just marked our Veteran's Day at my son's cub scout pack meeting. We had six WWII veterans (along with many other Veterans) attend and the boys got to thank them personally. The VFW post gave each boy a remembrance poppy. I hope that experience stays with the young ones, I'm never sure if they understand the true impact of what it means to serve our country.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Yep, we typically talk about Lord Baden-Powell and how he founded scouts at our Blue and Gold banquet. Pretty powerful, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Do you ever tell the scouts of their own history? War has some serious spin offs, some good and some bad. The scout movement being one of the very good.

Neil

Zombies are passe -- this is *far* worse.... >

Thumbs up

It has just passed 11am on 11th November here in Oz & I paused on my computer for 2 mins before typing this.

R.I.P. & Less We Forget.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Olivier
    Sorties Flown

Name:	PHOe24cf1fc-5de9-11e4-8d02-d023d2df5b0e-805x453.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	180850

In their Memory.

Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. In Remembrance of Winco Kyte.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-10-2015, 16:14
  2. Expensive Sunday!
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 01:01
  3. Ohio: No gaming on 3rd Sunday of Feb.
    By CappyTom in forum US Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 02:27
  4. Remembrance Day in Brisbane 2012 - Lest We Forget
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 17:12
  5. Sunday 7th October
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 13:35