Ares Games

View Poll Results: What is the best day for you?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • SAT November 14th

1 16.67%
  • SUN November 15th

1 16.67%
  • SAT November 21st

2 33.33%
  • SUN November 22nd

4 66.67%
  • SAT November 28th

2 33.33%
  • SAT December 5th

1 16.67%
  • SUN December 6th

1 16.67%
  • SAT December 12th

4 66.67%
  • SUN December 13th

4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre - Christmas Dogfighting !!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Another correction, Barnaby - first event next year is Vapnartak at York, Sunday February 7th.

Hammerhead Saturday March 5th
    WMMS Sunday March 13th
    Triples Sat/Sun March 19th/20th
    Salute Saturday April 16th
    CC With Thanks - Pilot's Notes updated

I was thinking of something one a month in those months when there aren't any shows up this way, the venue is run by friends of time and we can have space pretty much any time we like - just need the pass stamping from the good lady wife and good to go. Lets just keep in touch - if any one wants to suggest a few dates in January I can pull something together at relatively short notice. Obviously absolutely anyone is welcome, the more the merrier... maybe even have a sails table.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    maybe even have a sails table.
    no sails!

for me, anyway..............

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Chris: I seriously hope that this idea takes off as you have both a dedicated venue and (as I mentioned before) the very best of starts behind you.

I'm up for this should the idea go ahead - hope to be joining in some time which will be next year at this rate!

Sails - sorry sails ... Never played but looking to just to see what it's actually like so there's another reason or me to support this idea

I was thinking of something one a month in those months when there aren't any shows up this way, the venue is run by friends of time and we can have space pretty much any time we like - just need the pass stamping from the good lady wife and good to go. Lets just keep in touch - if any one wants to suggest a few dates in January I can pull something together at relatively short notice. Obviously absolutely anyone is welcome, the more the merrier... maybe even have a sails table.
    I'm up for more as long as you exclude SMOKE of which I have definitely had enough. If you run a SAILS game I might even have graduated up from the basic rules by the new year. Once again Chris thanks for a great day and an exceptional AAR. Although you did not mention the fact that it was a Moving Smoke Screen that I have developed to hide me from the enemy. Didn't seem to work too well as I still got shot down.
    Reg

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    SMOKE
    Smoke ... As in 20 Lambert & Butler please?

Sails ... Reg you have given me an idea - read up on the rules & familiarise myself with what I can before my first game. Also known as Doing My Homework

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Smoke ... As in 20 Lambert & Butler please?

Sails ... Reg you have given me an idea - read up on the rules & familiarise myself with what I can before my first game. Also known as Doing My Homework
    Hi Barney
    Just don't go overboard!
    Sorry, just could't resist it!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Hi Barney
    Just don't go overboard!
    Sorry, just could't resist it!
    Hi Reg - hope you are well.

That's seriously got me though I'm still a little concerned over this smoke business ... As anyone whose quit smoking or has never smoked could imagine I guess

AA most enjoyable set of games and comments for me to return home to Chris.
    Well done to all those who made the effort to attend.
    As i was not there myself to lend a hand Reg was able to prove dramatically that you can have smoke without fire.
    Thanks for posting Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As i was not there myself to lend a hand Reg was able to prove dramatically that you can have smoke without fire.
    Now I have had a detailed look at the photos of this event ... I can see why Reg has made it clear why he has had enough of smoke ... It does feature rather prominently throughout!

Also greatly relieved that it's nothing to do with my 20 Lambert & Butler type worries from earlier on ... That's probably just me with a bit of a fuggy head still!!!
    Last edited by Tonx; 11-24-2015 at 08:43. Reason: Typo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonx View Post
    Now I have had a detailed look at the photos of this event ... I can see why Reg has made it clear why he has had enough of smoke ... It does feature rather prominently throughout!

Also greatly relieved that it's nothing to do with my 20 Lambert & Butler type worries from earlier on ... That's probably just me with a bit of a fuggy head still!!!
    Hi Barney
    I trust you are on the mend.
    Thirty years ago as I had got to smoking around sixty a day I gave up - or I thought I had.
    Loved Robs' comment about 'no smoke without fire'!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Hi Barney
    I trust you are on the mend.
    Thirty years ago as I had got to smoking around sixty a day I gave up - or I thought I had.
    Loved Robs' comment about 'no smoke without fire'!
    Hi Reg I am continuing to make a slow but a patient recovery. I am now married to the reason I quit smoking 20 a day on August Bank Holiday weekend in 2004 ... All the more glad I did it now though it took nearly two weeks of shear willpower and feeling like tearing at the wallpaper / at time tearing the walls down too because the 'cravies' was so bad!!!

I also liked the WingCo's comment about no smoke without fire - this is what made me take a much closer look at the photos from this event. First conclusion I drew of course was about being concerned about the wrong type of smoke! Then with a bit of a Boom Card epidemic going on across the Aerodrome at the moment the second conclusion was did we also have a developing smoke epidemic on the move too whilst we were at it??!

What I am most glad about of course is that this was obviously a highly successful day. A brilliant start for Chris's idea which as we have seen is now going to be built upon

AA most enjoyable set of games and comments for me to return home to Chris.
    Well done to all those who made the effort to attend.
    Thanks for posting Chris.
    Rob.
    Actually we had conclusive proof you can have smoke without fire as Reg got smoke every game yet we had only ONE fire all day and that was practically the last round of the day - bizarre

I have never smoked, but I seem to have boomed a lot recently, lol

Actually we had conclusive proof you can have smoke without fire as Reg got smoke every game yet we had only ONE fire all day and that was practically the last round of the day - bizarre
    Is that not what I just said in the quote Chris?
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Is that not what I just said in the quote Chris?
    Kyte.
    Alas you are right - would help if I read all subsequent posts before getting over excited and jumping in with a response, lol

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I have never smoked, but I seem to have boomed a lot recently, lol
    Track record stands as 2005 quit smoking ... 2008 forced to quit drinking through ill-health. They will be running me on solar power next

Oh - add to that 2007 when I was forced to quit karaoke down my local after the place changed hands and the rocky road downhill very sadly began: But before this happened I did actually perfect my Party Piece which was Is This The Way To Amarillo ... In the style of Captain Sensible! ENSUITE with the famous tirade about David Sylvian from his album Live At The Milky Way at the end of the song word for word too! What on earth was this all about - well it raised nearly £50 for local football team Saddleworth Roquettes after I was dared to show the pub what the pilot of a 275-tonne aircraft is able to do after 13 pints of Caffreys Irish Ale!

Now that's definitely what I'd call a DGP!

I am very tempted to employ the 'Rebel Flying Smoke Screen' on future occasions. I am currently looking in to the copy-writing of same. If successful this will mean there will be Royalties due from all future smokers so beware! If I can't shoot you down I will try my damnedest to bankrupt you.

I am very tempted to employ the 'Rebel Flying Smoke Screen' on future occasions. I am currently looking in to the copy-writing of same. If successful this will mean there will be Royalties due from all future smokers so beware! If I can't shoot you down I will try my damnedest to bankrupt you.
    Easily done - about £3 or so and I'm done for!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I am very tempted to employ the 'Rebel Flying Smoke Screen' on future occasions.
    Now this I have to see in action. Why not asks me who not so long ago came up with the idea of Boom Card Magnates / Magnets - which by the way that pal of mine Ben once tried to chinese meal off me and pass it off as his instead ... Nope - tough luck this idea was actually mine! For more information on this one see the thread It Should Never Happen To A Glory Player over in the Officers' Club where Boom Card Magnates / Magnets first make an appearance in that

Might as well Reg, I think Kyte has already cornered the 'wall of fire' ....

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Cracking day out Chris and cracking write up. Thanks for arranging the day and even though I had to leave before the last game I had an absolute blast. After dowing a couple of DH2s on the first game I thought I was on a winner in the next using Richtofen. Little did I know that his orientation would be slightly off and carrened right into a Spad causing my crate to disintergrate.

Who would of thought as well that a Gotha could be a decent dogfighter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Western Front: Dogfighting with an O/400
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 17:19
  2. National Christmas greetings.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-25-2014, 01:26
  3. Dogfighting origins