Ares Games

Thread: Wright Flight at the Local Game Store

Default Wright Flight at the Local Game Store

Hey folks!

In an effort to give a bit more advanced notice, I am leaning towards November 14th for our next event at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg (a Dayton suburb). I cannot finalize the date yet, depends on work, but most likely this will be the day. We will game using early war aircraft (Fokker E.III, Morane-Saulnier, DH2, Halberstadt D.III, Neiuport 17, and Albatros D.II). If you get shot down, wait one full turn and then pick another plane and rejoin the action.

Darryl

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Sounds great, Darryl! I'll put it on the calendar but keep things open if you have to switch the date...

'Early' sounds like fun - lots of "B" guns...wait...that's what I was using on Saturday...

All the best,
    Matt

How about RE8's are they early enough?

November 1916 for the Harry Tate, so it's contemporary to the Albatros D.Is and D.IIs... though it wasn't in widespread use until 1917. Early models had a nasty tendency to spin, resulting in the first operational R.E.8 squadron (No.52) trading them in for their trusty B.E.2s after a couple of months!

Roland C.II would work as well (timeline-wise), but is a tough nut and hard on early-war Entente scouts.

im in! ill commence the logistical process!!1

I agree with adding the Roland and the RE8, but we may have to balance those birds a bit. COuld even add the SPAD VII, the Albatros D.III, and the Sopwith Tripe, but now we are just getting silly!

I have some ideas about rolling for random replacement aircraft. I may skip using Brits altogether, which would then lead to the following:

1915:
    Morane-Saulnier N
    Fokker E.III

1916:
    As above plus:
    Nieuport 11 (if it comes out in the next few weeks, which I doubt)
    Nieuport 16
    Nieuport 17
    SPAD VII
    Halberstadt D.III
    Roland C.II
    Albatros D.II

If we add Brits then:
    DH-2
    Sopwith Tripe
    SPAD VII
    R.E. 8

First round everyone has a Fokker or MS. If you get shot down or fly off the table, I have a chart to roll on to see what your next plane will be. Chances are you may get the same plane type. Shot down a second time and we use another column on the chart, increasing the chance for a better plane, which seems a bit backward, so I may try to revamp that.

Similar Missions

1. Ohio: The Wright Flight at the FLGS
    By matt56 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2015, 16:10
  2. WGF My Local Games Store
    By Cinther in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 17:11
  3. WGF My local games store has received more WGF Bombers and series three two seaters!
    By James Denberger in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 16:32
  4. Check out your local Five Below Store!
    By richard m schwab in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 17:04
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 02:52