Ares Games

Thread: The Wright Flight at the FLGS

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default The Wright Flight at the FLGS

The Wright Flight, spearheaded by predhead (Darryl), will be hosting some WWI air action at The Hobby Shop (NW corner of 725 and 741 in Miamisburg, catty-corner from the Dayton Mall). The plan is to pit Italians against Austrians, so come on out if you are in the neighborhood and have some time to kill...or perhaps instead of time to kill, I should say "if you want to shoot me down" - since that's what happens more often than not...

Plans are to get things rolling around 10:30 AM and play until whenever...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    The Wright Flight, spearheaded by predhead (Darryl), will be hosting some WWI air action at The Hobby Shop (NW corner of 725 and 741 in Miamisburg, catty-corner from the Dayton Mall). The plan is to pit Italians against Austrians, so come on out if you are in the neighborhood and have some time to kill...or perhaps instead of time to kill, I should say "if you want to shoot me down" - since that's what happens more often than not...

Plans are to get things rolling around 10:30 AM and play until whenever...

All the best,
    Matt
    wish i could make it!

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Sorry it was such short notice, Phillip - I'll get the next one on earlier so folks living farther away can plan, should they so choose...

I had to bail at the lunch/beverage break - we had lots of fun in the first 'furball' - lots of planes getting shot down! Once we died, we waited a turn and came back with a different plane from a random spot - it was a lot of fun...and YES, the Boom card found me once again!

All the best,
    Matt

thanks!!! the most recent game we played up here i got blown up within twenty minutes. it was still nice to play some wings though

I liked using the wait one turn then arrive at another another location with another plane. It kept all the players active and interested, instead of players waiting around while the survivors circled for several more game turns.

I think next time we will use early war aircraft in the same format. Plus we can play test some of the scenarios folks want to do at Origins.

Enjoyed the game, not so much getting the Boom card. I lost three aircraft in the first game. A tough day for the Austrians

Glad you guys had a great time; wish I could have been there

Quote Originally Posted by Old guy View Post
    Enjoyed the game, not so much getting the Boom card. I lost three aircraft in the first game. A tough day for the Austrians
    Then I guess you shouldn't have started the war, hmm
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

It was a fun time, Karl - bit of a drive for you, though...

I'll shall have to try to make it up to Columbus the next time you are coming down. Maybe I could talk a couple of the others into coming for company on the drive - it's about an hour and a half...

Hope all is well in the Northeast...don't work too hard/much.

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    I'll shall have to try to make it up to Columbus the next time you are coming down. Maybe I could talk a couple of the others into coming for company on the drive - it's about an hour and a half...

Hope all is well in the Northeast...don't work too hard/much.

All the best,
    Matt
    Not doing bad; on vacation this week, so being paid to do housework
    I might look at November for Columbus (I'll PM Ann for date). weather dependent, of course (we had snow this weekend up here )
    Be well
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

November sounds good, Karl - keep me posted on whatever gets sorted and I'll see if I'm available.

Always the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. 1/144 Wright Flyer
    By predhead in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 23:03
  2. Ohio: Next Wright Flight Event
    By predhead in forum US Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 00:38
  3. The Wright Stuff