Ares Games

Thread: Series 4 Colour schemes

Default Series 4 Colour schemes

I finally got, for me, the important planes from Stafford Games in Uk recently, picking them up a the Derby show.
    Was really looking forward to adding the Phalz D3's to my collection as up till now I had been using two Skytex models which I painted as Hans Klein from Jasta 10 & Fritz Hohn Jasta 21.
    Great me thinks after seeing pictures of new planes extra early was Phalz.
    When I opened the packaging, stuff my old boots they were the same cards as I had already painted, but the "official" models were painted light Blue?
    After cleaning my glasses I re-checked, to me the card looks white body not Light Blue.
    Any comments chaps

I can't say they are anything but off white to me as well. We must have been flying under Phalz colours all this time.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Pfalz aircraft left the factory in 'Silvergrey' or 'Silbergrau' as far as I know, and you are right, they should not be a light blue.

Rob, I have seen men shot for less !! Especially in my time in BOAR

I don't have it in front of me to double check but I think Osprey Publishing describes them as a bluish silver.

Hi Keith. nice pics and they do look more like the cards. The models though are definately a light blue not a silver blue.
    Bear in mind gents I am not compalining as such as any model is great, especially as it gives me more bases. I was just commenting on the colurings as all the other models seem to have followed the cards schemes

I love the game and the planes as well as the next man and have praised them in print, but let's be honest light blue is not silver grey.

Won't bother me as I am repainting mine in Jasta 15 colours, but it is plain wrong.

Or should that be plane wrong?

Yes, they are light blue. Does not bother me much, they still look great on the table as is. I'll give up some historical accuracy in color if it means getting more minis out faster and still at a great price!

I don't know if this helps, but in some other modeling that I have done (trains), silver grey boilers are often painted as a light blue because that is the way that they look with the sky reflected on the shiny surface. Since they are commonly viewed indoors, they would not look as they do in the real world unless the blue tint was there on the surface. This probably doesn't provide an excuse for the inaccuracy from the original plane, but may at least give a plausible explanation.

Fair enough I can buy that. I was only wondering why this paint job was not as depicted on the cards where as all the others have been. But thanks for the info

Chris......I agree, and also actually wish that the minis matched the original plane cards. I hope that this is a practice that is discontinued in future mini paint-ups, but am not concerned enough to repaint these as the blue tint is very light and the repaint would be pretty tough on either one, particularly on Hohn!

Similar Missions

1. Series I paint schemes, which do you like best?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Polls
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2020, 06:10
  2. Messerschmitt paint schemes
    By oldskoolpurist in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 00:44
  3. Colour Schemes
    By Gaz67 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 17:36
  4. RFC colour schemes