Ares Games

Thread: Scanning through Ebay

Default Scanning through Ebay

I usually look on EBay at least once a week for any WWI planes. Amazing what you can find. This morning I saw a pretty good collection for sale for USD $599 that might be of interest to US players. It includes the first 3 sets of planes, 43 in total. Seperately, they also have some East/West game mats in there for those who fancy going original. Alas, no Se5's though

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Here is a good auction for WW1 fans in Europe - I spotted it today from an E-Bay Seller in Italy ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3017591082...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Albatross D.Va in silver - Promo Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I usually look on EBay at least once a week for any WWI planes. Amazing what you can find. This morning I saw a pretty good collection for sale for USD $599 that might be of interest to US players. It includes the first 3 sets of planes, 43 in total. Seperately, they also have some East/West game mats in there for those who fancy going original. Alas, no Se5's though
    i also scan ebay regularly. never seen an se5 there however. i got mine from forum members!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Here is a good auction for WW1 fans in Europe - I spotted it today from an E-Bay Seller in Italy ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3017591082...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Albatross D.Va in silver - Promo Pack.
    i know these are special and all but, to me, i dont really care for them. the vast majority of the reason i love this game is for the colorful minis!!!! i must be mellowing in my middle age. once upon a time i was a completest when it came to acquiring something lol

Came up on another thread about Gold and silver kites - I'd buy one to repaint it !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    i also scan ebay regularly. never seen an se5 there however. i got mine from forum members!
    I visit ebay EVERY DAY.

I have acquired 18 SE5a planes this way, along with a great many others!
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 10-10-2015 at 14:28.

never seen an se5 there however. i got mine from forum members!
    I got mine from eBay from a seller who I know now as a Forum Member
    Last edited by Stumptonian; 10-10-2015 at 13:48.

I'm not dedicated enough to check every day. I was searching for an SE5a after reading Combat Report and that's what Col Lambert flew. So I look, but none so far. I bought the Valom model and have built one SE5a and am working on the 2nd one.

I did however find a Buy It Now on Dogfights deck for $5. I didn't pass that one up.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I look at The E-Bay as often as possible but mainly for World War 2 / WGS stuff. I do take note of anything on there for WW1 / WGS if it could be of interest - the silver Albatross D.Va above being an example of this.

One thing I have noticed is how infrequently Wings of Glory come up for auction especially for WGS. Wings of War appear more often. Though there is nothing on there for WGS except for some pre-owned Wings of War Spitfires that with postage cost around GBP £39.00 (no thanks!) there did appear to be a number of WGF aircraft currently up for auction ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I visit ebay EVERY DAY.

I have acquired 8 SE5a planes this way, along with a great many others!
    well yeah, the great air fleet had to come from somewhere lolhow long ago did you get the se5s though? i havent seen a one in the couple years ive been looking.

I only discovered this great game in December 2012, so all the SE5s landed at my aerodrome in the last two and a half years or so.

The last one I acquired around nine months ago - 1 SE5a, 4 Pfalz DIIIs, an 'A' damage deck, two measuring sticks and a pair of fire markers, all for £20 Buy-It-Now!

I have seen two SE5as in the last six months or so, but each went for more than £40 - too rich for my taste.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 10-10-2015 at 14:29.

I only discovered this great game in December 2012, so all the SE5s landed at my aerodrome in the last two an a half years or so.

The last one I acquired around nine months ago - 1 SE5a, 4 Pfalz DIIIs, an 'A' damage deck, two measuring sticks and a pair of fire markers, all for £20 Buy-It-Now!

I have seen two SE5as in the last six months or so, but each went for more than £40 - too rich for my taste.
    that was a great price! i think i see why youre seeing them and im not. i presume youre browsing ebay.uk and im browsing ebay.usa. 2 great cultures divided and all that lol

that was a great price! i think i see why youre seeing them and im not. i presume youre browsing ebay.uk and im browsing ebay.usa. 2 great cultures divided and all that lol
    Partially true - I browse ebay.usa as well (best place to get my 1/700 Pacific war kits!)

One thing you guys can do is save specific searches and have eBay email you when they are available.
    I did that with several of the WGF planes.

I have 19 specific searches - I have disabled the emails, because I can't have that many emails bombarding me at work all day.

I have 19 specific searches - I have disabled the emails, because I can't have that many emails bombarding me at work all day.
    Put a rule in place that puts them into a separate folder that won't clutter your regular email.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINGS-OF-WAR...item43e3f8f704

R.A.F SE5A(Dallas) & BREGUET BR.14 B2(De Greffier & Marseille)

But, beware, shipping is $40.

Guys, please post eBay sales in the Sale section of the site. If you want to discuss buying on eBay in general, this thread is fine.

Thanks.

ive got 78..........i think i have a problem

ive got 78..........i think i have a problem
    When I saw this on the "What's New?" page, I thought -- at first -- you were referring to your collection of WoG kites, Phillip. I was going to commiserate, but then read the post in the context of the conversation (and the quoted text) and realized that I was mistaken...

78 is a lot of... dedication. Proves I am too much of a novice/casual eBay-er to score many kites by that route, is what it does...

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    When I saw this on the "What's New?" page, I thought -- at first -- you were referring to your collection of WoG kites, Phillip. I was going to commiserate, but then read the post in the context of the conversation (and the quoted text) and realized that I was mistaken...

78 is a lot of... dedication. Proves I am too much of a novice/casual eBay-er to score many kites by that route, is what it does...
    oh dont worry. only 2 are specifically for wings of war/glory and one for fokker dvii. the rest are for various militaria...........

Similar Missions

1. National WW1 RAP on ebay
    By Flying Helmut in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2015, 10:39
  2. eBay WGF for sale on Ebay
    By Brambo in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 16:08
  3. 3D scanning and printing
    By Kermit in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4