Ares Games

Thread: Slow Decks (My interpretation of Zoe Brain's Rules)

Default Slow Decks (My interpretation of Zoe Brain's Rules)

I've been digging through various threads about slow planes, and working on a manuever deck for one of them to thrash out my interpretation of the slow deck rules.
    Using the standard deck and going front to front creates a yaw in the plane that wouldn't happen, this also happens to a lesser degree with peg to peg.
    So on the turns the plane should go rear to rear, but this means sliding the card right under the plane, which could cause issues.
    In this I have worked out a system (though not all my own work, but I don't know who to credit) a way of having front to front cards, but with the correct rear to rear angle.
    It does make for odd looking turns. I have dispensed with the blue tracking line, as it would probably just confuse even more.
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the set on here, so I'll put two examples and see where the comments take this.

These are poker (2.5" x 3.5") cards, same as the fast decks. The turns wouldn't fit on the original small cards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	177998 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	177999

Two things I've noticed with the slow decks. The stall is incorrect and the reversal doesn't work correctly.
    As it sits the stall is set to 15mph, far too slow for any plane. Considering the slow speed on the straights isn't much faster than the stall speeds of these planes, it may be worth just removing the stall card.
    I doubt a pilot of such a slow plane would be feathering the engine anyway.
    As for the reversal, depending on how it is used the plane becomes faster than it should be, either forward or in reverse. So I suggest the reversal card is retained as marker, but the plane reverses in it's own space.

Similar Missions

1. Slow Aircaft Rules (without special cards needed)
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-03-2021, 06:30
  2. New Decks for Slow Aircraft Added
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-22-2013, 01:54
  3. Congratulations to Zoe Brain
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 14:06
  4. Brain...stalled.....