Ares Games

Thread: Got Ya.

Default Got Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    This has made me pause on the way to winding up the grammar phone ... I hope that this turns out to be what happens
    So that's where my bloody gramophone wound up then.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

My apologies for the gramophone business (and the duff spelling!) too

Permission to pause on the way to winding up the gramophone Sir? (As I quietly still hope for better news WGS Series 6 wise ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    My apologies for the gramophone business (and the duff spelling!) too

Permission to pause on the way to winding up the gramophone Sir? (As I quietly still hope for better news WGS Series 6 wise ...)
    I'd better explain Barney.
    We have a long standing joke from the first Campaign of Over the Trenches, where Kyte was the Bulldogs Co. and had placed a Gramophone in the Officers' Mess for their use. Just like the Aspidistra, it went missing, and Kyte spent the rest of the Campaign trying to discover what had happened to it.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

That that bounder Goering go it after Hedeby decided to play rugger and not cricket? Damn unsporting if you ask me to hide it Barneys room.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Righty ...

I had never heard of the gramophone until today but I had noticed comments about an aspidistra in our midst before ...

If it is now hidden in my room that bounder Goering had better watch out if he's going to try and swipe it from under our noses - Cricket? Rugby ... No: Table tennis with books and G's balls if I catch this rotter in my quarters!

I take it permission refused to wind the gramophone up Sir

Aah corridor rugger on a wet evening - that's why the Hun lost the war - forgot how to play the game...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

and now your telling me the aspidistra's missing too? Bet that's under your bed too Barney.....

................I thought he lost it by dancing to our tune; played on our bl00dy gramophone!!!!

I could be wrong come to think of it...wasn't it Jager who took it across in exchange for something but then how did the CO's office get involved....Oh man that was a night to forget.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    and now your telling me the aspidistra's missing too? Bet that's under your bed too Barney.....
    Not guilty on that front I'm afraid - just my cheese plant in the bedroom. By shear coincidence there is actually a rugby ball under there but it's a bit deflated ... There is also a f***ing massive poster of Kim Wilde under there which dates from when I was in the Forces but no aspidistras to confess to!

[looks under bed just in case the aspidistra has ended up there - my memory is a little hazy after all that drinking].......no Sir Mr Kyte Sir, wasn't me

Was the gramophone in the UKWC's office or quarters? If the latter, then the artillery unit down the road must still have it. You guys DID do the horses for office swap with them, right?
    And the aspidistra probably walked off from all that improper feeding someone >Neil< was doing
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Ah, yes, forgot about the impromptu polo match! We should have stuck to cricket.....mind you the Adjutant did put a suggestion for a swimming pool past the mess at last meeting. Anyone up for a spot of digging?

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Was the gramophone in the UKWC's office or quarters? If the latter, then the artillery unit down the road must still have it. You guys DID do the horses for office swap with them, right?
    And the aspidistra probably walked off from all that improper feeding someone >Neil< was doing
    Karl