Ares Games

Thread: Blast-tastic in Bristol, Saturday October 3rd

Default Blast-tastic in Bristol, Saturday October 3rd

For those not going to Derby and who are in to sci-fi gaming, there is a show on in Bristol this Saturday.

http://angelbarracks.co.uk/blast.html

Of interest to forum members is that Mr Manley will be there with his Stingray game, which is reason enough to go in my book.

- Neil.

Hope to see some of my very good friends frim the Aerodrome there on Saturday

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

David and Neil,

Hope this event goes successfully although I am not familiar with Stingray. The clash with Derby is a bit of a buggar however looking at the line-up it's all very traditional or war-centred. Not Sci-Fi and I know from my experiences with the X-Wing guys at Galactic Models Gaming Night that games of this genre have a huge following ... Hope they have publicised this event well enough to bring a healthy crowd to Bristol too

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Hope this event goes successfully although I am not familiar with Stingray...

"He is wise who watches"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Ahh ... Yes I am familiar with that Stingray after all

Well - as I mentioned this IMHO will not be the market that's heading towards Castle Donington next weekend. Hopefully next time David has Stingray in play I can come and see it / support what's going on then ... My fingers will be crossed for you anyway on the day.

Thanks It is a nice little self contained game that I take along to shows on an occasional basis. Cheap to get into as well as the rules are home written, the models typically cost a pound or so on Ebay and the terrain can be bought from any decent garden centre or pet shop selling aquarium accessories

This on might be getting a rest after Blast Tastic though. I'm thinking of resurrecting my "Man o War" privateer game (what Warhammer Historical Trafalgar should have been), the Cod War game (wargaming without shooting) or maybe a new ACW naval game. All aimed at fast and fun games at shows and other events to get people trying something naval.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

David that looks and sounds fantastic ... As do the other games especially the Cod Wars one. As you can probably gather from a number of my postings in Circuits and Bumps about training missions wargaming without shooting also appeals to me: I'm more of a strategist and this comes from learning Chess at an early age from my Father.

I'll definitely have to come and see one of these games in motion / support you at an event. You have got me seriously interested now

Do have a great time Dave.
    I hope you will be fully recovered by then.
    Get that chest infection sorted old chap.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Looks like I've picked the right event to go to this weekend, seeing as I found these whilst going through some boxes today.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  175.8 KB

They should keep me busy for a while!

- Neil.

Had almost forgotten about the Titan Terror Fish. Like to know more about the ACW ironclads game please Dave.
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Thanks It is a nice little self contained game that I take along to shows on an occasional basis. Cheap to get into as well as the rules are home written, the models typically cost a pound or so on Ebay and the terrain can be bought from any decent garden centre or pet shop selling aquarium accessories

This on might be getting a rest after Blast Tastic though. I'm thinking of resurrecting my "Man o War" privateer game (what Warhammer Historical Trafalgar should have been), the Cod War game (wargaming without shooting) or maybe a new ACW naval game. All aimed at fast and fun games at shows and other events to get people trying something naval.
    Still looking for the treasure chest

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Those terror fish sink rather easily, though they are quite capable of destroying Terran undersea bases. Was a really fun game.

- Neil.

Similar Missions

1. Blast -- What Did I Just Step In?
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2015, 07:53
  2. National: SWA Gameday Saturday May 9th
    By Teaticket in forum US Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:12
  3. A blast of 100! To the bar Gents & Ladies!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 05:23
  4. Multiplayer: 4 Sorties on a Saturday
    By sparty in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 00:13