Ares Games

Thread: Wow! Mad rush on WWII Planes

Default Wow! Mad rush on WWII Planes

I just went to Miniature Market and they only have 5 plane types out of all the WWII planes. The rest are out of stock.

Thomas

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I see what you mean Thomas - just as well AA is well stocked at the moment. I've got an issue trying to get hold of a Heavy Bomber at the moment with my local FLGS - could be that Ares are scaling back availability and / or production in advance of WGS Series 6 being released before the year is out.

Are you looking for anything in particular or just browsing - if you don't mind me asking?

Almost all of their WWI planes are out of stock as well.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Miniature Market - I thought they were quite well known for being a reputable stockist who was good to deal with? Strange how currently both games are running low on stock - wonder if it's just a regional / supply chain blip that has lead to this rundown.

Cannot imagine why they would want to run Wings of Glory stocks down completely having gained themselves a good reputation so far. Closer to home I noticed how AA is well stocked up - looked at WGF range out of curiosity earlier.

I saw this yesterday when I was on their site. I think they still had VAL's.

An Italian Stuka, and a few Russian Hawkers too.

Well if anyone is desperate. I have about 50 WWII planes I would be willing to sell as a job lot for $600 AUD plus postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Well if anyone is desperate. I have about 50 WWII planes I would be willing to sell as a job lot for $600 AUD plus postage.
    Not desperate, but interested ...
    PM me with what you have and I'll take a look this weekend.

Situation is better than here, that's for sure. The day I see any WoG mini in a local board game store, women will rain! For that reason they are "kinda" expensive, so the option is to import the minis, which is, at the moment, not an actual option, the economy the way it is...

Nick
    Last edited by Barkmann; 09-25-2015 at 20:38.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Serge
    Sorties Flown

I think we all share the same dilemma to some degree...or it could just be an observation from someone new to the game. My focus has mostly been on getting atleast one of every plane which is still hard to do since often just finding one plane is a task. I'm a huge fan of the bf-109, and that is likely the one plane I will try to get enough to fly atleast a wing. Finding any at local game stores s nearly impossible, and the only one I have found that actually had some stock was so thin that there really was not much to get. I'm still too new to see an Ares release, and hope that when the new series comes out, there will be plenty of stock...and I always thought getting a hold of X-Wing stuff from FFG was hard

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fashion View Post
    I think we all share the same dilemma to some degree...or it could just be an observation from someone new to the game. My focus has mostly been on getting atleast one of every plane which is still hard to do since often just finding one plane is a task. I'm a huge fan of the bf-109, and that is likely the one plane I will try to get enough to fly atleast a wing. Finding any at local game stores s nearly impossible, and the only one I have found that actually had some stock was so thin that there really was not much to get. I'm still too new to see an Ares release, and hope that when the new series comes out, there will be plenty of stock...and I always thought getting a hold of X-Wing stuff from FFG was hard
    My focus too is to, at least, have a single mini of each plane the game has to offer. That inclides WoW minis too. But since WoG is not sold in Brazil, I have to deal with what I find in eBay, for example. There are some great combos in these sites. If you check it regurlarly, you might find the real deal. I bought some 10 WWII minis in a combo I found on eBay. I don't remember the price, but it wasnt expensive, compared to other sources.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Miniature Market - I thought they were quite well known for being a reputable stockist who was good to deal with? Strange how currently both games are running low on stock - wonder if it's just a regional / supply chain blip that has lead to this rundown.

Cannot imagine why they would want to run Wings of Glory stocks down completely having gained themselves a good reputation so far. Closer to home I noticed how AA is well stocked up - looked at WGF range out of curiosity earlier.
    DON'T panic guys!!!!! I saw the same thing and sent tech support a WTF message and their reply was the were doing inventory and marked everything Out Of Stock so they could give an accurate inventory. The Wings part was down maybe 48 hrs, but it is back up now with accurate inventory numbers.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    I saw the same thing and sent tech support a WTF message
    May I borrow this phrase from you please? I work with flight training organisations and this entails the odd WTF message having to be sent now and again?!

for finding out about this and posting what's up with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    DON'T panic guys!!!!! I saw the same thing and sent tech support a WTF message and their reply was the were doing inventory and marked everything Out Of Stock so they could give an accurate inventory. The Wings part was down maybe 48 hrs, but it is back up now with accurate inventory numbers.
    Thanks for that!

Order placed!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Serge
    Sorties Flown

Well, that didnt stop me from picking up a few extra Hurricanes and that Stuka Had I waited, maybe I could have picked up a few more P51s since I only have 2.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Great catch there Serge

I'm currently selecting four aircraft for a Solitaire two-on-two WGS game ... Your comment has helped me decide that two NA P-51Ds are going to be involved seeing as I have them but have not actually seen them for some time. So all I need now is the opposition - FW.190Ds in action just recently so thinking along the Pacific War lines instead of ETO

Just checked out the site today and they do have a number of WWII planes WOW/WOG. Those looking for extra cards they also have three booster packs.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Serge
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Great catch there Serge

I'm currently selecting four aircraft for a Solitaire two-on-two WGS game ... Your comment has helped me decide that two NA P-51Ds are going to be involved seeing as I have them but have not actually seen them for some time. So all I need now is the opposition - FW.190Ds in action just recently so thinking along the Pacific War lines instead of ETO
    Yeah...I have two Saks, so still need to get the other two variants.

P-51Ds vs Franks would be cool, or P-40s too. Kind of why I like planes like the D.520...if I ever have two new players, you can still have a 2 on 2 with them and have one is French colors and another in Italian

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fashion View Post
    Kind of why I like planes like the D.520...if I ever have two new players, you can still have a 2 on 2 with them and have one is French colors and another in Italian
    I too have a liking for the Dewoitine 520C in the same way I have a liking for the WW2 biplanes - they are capable of doing loads yet like you say are very FNP (fairly new player) and learner-friendly. In fact my Solitaire game record stands at 2 hours 38 minutes of gameplay involving three brand new D520s at the time and a single Gloster Gladiator. Aircraft rescue scenario so no shooting played on a 120 cm x 120 cm gaming mat I had just custom made for games at my FLGS.

Mustangs vs. Franks - 23 turns and the Franks were gone c/o Saks and Landers Edition P-51Ds. I'm going to try your P-40 suggestion as I like the sound of that ... AA has all three editions of the P-51D in at the moment and I think availability of these in general at the moment is good.

Similar Missions

1. WGS: Later war planes for WWII
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 01:08
  2. WWI and WWII planes
    By Derf in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 06:51
  3. RUSH concert
    By Goering Ace in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1