Thread: SORTED - Avro Lancaster B Mk III Grogs The Shot

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Default SORTED - Avro Lancaster B Mk III Grogs The Shot

Hello Everyone,

SORTED - 1 x Avro Lancaster B Mk III Grogs The Shot Special Pack.

All assistance very much appreciated

Barney / Aussietonka.

OP DATE: September 24th 2015 - Require 1 x aircraft.

UPDATE: September 28th 2015 - Requirement Sorted thank you to everyone who has helped me out here.
    Last edited by Tonx; 09-28-2015 at 05:46.

Barnaby,

I've got it in stock at the AA store for US$24.99.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Thank you Sir these Lancasters are like gold dust over here at the moment. Will be largest aircraft I have ordered from AA

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Thank you Sir these Lancasters are like gold dust over here at the moment......
    I'm shocked, shocked to hear that Ares models are in short supply!

Thank you Sir these Lancasters are like gold dust over here at the moment. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I'm shocked, shocked to hear that Ares models are in short supply!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sarcasm-life-time-humor-intellect-offensive-fun-demotivational-poster-1239867476.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	177165
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thank you Sir these Lancasters are like gold dust over here at the moment. Will be largest aircraft I have ordered from AA
    You're not looking very hard Barney !
    http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/grogs...ory-16365.aspx
    https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/G...aDMGAREWGS304A

"He is wise who watches"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Dave thank you for the pointers - IGUK ... Thought they were a bit Wayland Games-ish in advertising stuff available when it's not ...

Gameslore - near Telford. I got all of my Bristol Beaufighters through them. I'll see what they can offer price-wise

IGUK have really improved in the last year or so..................
    I have been converted to their cause, and have had great service from them this year.

Also, try cosmobooks on ebay

They are cheaper, but with slightly higher postage; if they offer combined postage, you could make savings on a multiple plane purchase.

have used IGUK and Gameslore good service from both of them

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Everyone for all your help.

Going AA or Gameslore for this aircraft over next 7-10 days and looking forward to when I can do so

Dave thank you for the pointers - IGUK ... Thought they were a bit Wayland Games-ish in advertising stuff available when it's not ...Gameslore - near Telford. I got all of my Bristol Beaufighters through them. I'll see what they can offer price-wise
    IGUK's usually pretty good - the issue is they seem to advertise goods on their site AND evilbay simultaneously and try to sell the same thing in two mediums which is what happened to me recently but they got the stuff to me just a bit later than expected.

"He is wise who watches"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    IGUK's usually pretty good - the issue is they seem to advertise goods on their site AND evilbay simultaneously and try to sell the same thing in two mediums which is what happened to me recently but they got the stuff to me just a bit later than expected.
    I'd still prefer to support AA whenever I have the opportunity to do so. Keith is always there for us after all and I appreciate this

Gameslore - bought from before as a UK seller and would recommend them strongly as a result. Just IMHO of course ...

I'd still prefer to support AA whenever I have the opportunity to do so. Keith is always there for us after all and I appreciate this
    Thank you sir

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Thank you sir
    You are very welcome Sir. Now all we need is my next pay Day for this venture to go ahead

BTW - You were right about that photo of your latest fire damage markers in use playing WGS. I hadn't removed the protection from the pieces but have done so now

You are very welcome Sir. Now all we need is my next pay Day for this venture to go ahead

BTW - You were right about that photo of your latest fire damage markers in use playing WGS. I hadn't removed the protection from the pieces but have done so now
    It should look even better now!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

It should look even better now!
    Certainly does - here's the smoke markers in use:

Name:	100_7595.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	177544

AshDOG

Those smoke markers look nice. Did you paint the white on them?

Keith
    I was going to ask about the Wings of War Aerodrome propeller measuring sticks - should the white backing come off those as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by AshDOG View Post
    The white is from how I laser engrave them. They look like that straight out of the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Keith
    I was going to ask about the Wings of War Aerodrome propeller measuring sticks - should the white backing come off those as well ?
    That depends on what ruler you have. My standard rulers are a tinted acrylic that has a either a tan protective film or perhaps masking tape on it to protect it while engraving and cutting. I sometimes send out "special"version of the ruler that are actually made from the same stuff as my ACE WGF cockpits. Those will be white on the front and sometime white on the back. The core will be black however. On those, there is nothing to remove as I have to remove the masking before they are ready to be bagged and shipped out.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by AshDOG View Post
    In my opinion it's more grey to blend in with the black. It only looks like brilliant white due to the effects of using flash photography. Under better lighting conditions the fire markers illustrated show the subtlety better between the light colour / main colour and the overall effect which I think is awesome:

Name:	65.Aerodrome Accessories Fire Markers!.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	177626
    Last edited by Tonx; 09-30-2015 at 06:41. Reason: Include photo.

I apply a gradient power level to the engraving so that the effect fades in and out. Part of the effect comes from the residue left from the engraving process. So don't wash them or some of the effect will be lost.

The white is from how I laser engrave them. They look like that straight out of the packaging.

That depends on what ruler you have. My standard rulers are a tinted acrylic that has a either a tan protective film or perhaps masking tape on it to protect it while engraving and cutting. I sometimes send out "special"version of the ruler that are actually made from the same stuff as my ACE WGF cockpits. Those will be white on the front and sometime white on the back. The core will be black however. On those, there is nothing to remove as I have to remove the masking before they are ready to be bagged and shipped out.
    Mine are the Specials - thanks for the confirmation (before I wrecked them)

Similar Missions

1. Avro 504 - From Fiddler's Green
    By Blackronin in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-09-2015, 01:14
  2. Avro Lancaster
    By Belis4rius in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 11:53
  3. Avro 504
    By Linz in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1