Ares Games

Thread: newbieish accessories questions

Default newbieish accessories questions

Alto I have had my wings games for several years I have just recently took interest in aftermarket markers, holders etc...love the 3 pc. fire and smoke markers and the custom dashboards, my point is all of this stuff looks great but they all seem to be low to no stock on a regular basis. Which prompted me to plan making my own using silicone molds. Of course I will post progress reports and such as I go along and possible make these items available or possibly pass the molds around for funding for an event, who knows. My question: Do these items ever become regular stock items? I will probably spend the weekend sculpting and mold making but would still purchase these aftermarket accessories for variety and to continue support and growth of this hobby, besides im not stopping till I have all the jets and helicopters (I would much rather purchase new than scratch build it) So if you have any pull with the game industry tell them im still waiting.

About the only accessories that seem to stay out of stock are the cockpits. I typically only make up a handful of those at a time since they take a long time to make and are rather expensive material wise to have a bunch laying around on the shelves. So when I do put them up, they sell out rather quickly. The new 3D stuff is still in stock. The only other item that some times runs out is the Damage Caddy. Another time consuming item to make, but those I make up in larger quantities due to how they fit on a sheet (it takes 5 sheets of wood to make 7 of them). If you ever want a bunch of something, it's best to PM me and I'll cut your order custom at no extra charge.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

May I just add that the latest fire and smoke markers are fantastic - I use them and would definitely say they are especially good for spicing up AARs.

Here's a quick example of why I like these products so much:

Name:  25. Fire in the hold!!!.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  236.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    If you ever want a bunch of something, it's best to PM me and I'll cut your order custom at no extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    May I just add that the latest fire and smoke markers are fantastic - I use them and would definitely say they are especially good for spicing up AARs.

Here's a quick example of why I like these products so much:

Name:  25. Fire in the hold!!!.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  236.8 KB

Barnaby, it looks like you still have the protective film on?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Barnaby, it looks like you still have the protective film on?
    Will have a look at this - nevertheless they are good accessories

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Will have a look at this - nevertheless they are good accessories
    Yes Barney! If you peel off the paper cover all the marker will be somewhat transparent & looking even more cool!

AshDOG

Do you guys paint these before taking the film? What color would you recommend for the fire, white?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Here's the same fire marker with the protective film removed before play. No painting required:

Name:  65.Aerodrome Accessories Fire Markers!.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  160.0 KB

None of my accessories require painting or color filling them. I engrave them in a way that they show up as nearly white straight out of the bag. You can however color fill them if you like (as many are pictured on the AA site).

Similar Missions

1. N. England & Scotland Accessories
    By PunkReaper in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 16:12
  2. Aerodrome Accessories Aerodrome Accessories offers official accessories for Wings of Glory.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 13:32
  3. Just a few questions...
    By SellSword in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 17:26
  4. Few questions
    By DangerMouse in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 01:14
  5. Few Questions!