Ares Games

Thread: Help

Default Help

I have mate who is trying to subscribe to the Aerodrome Site so as to be able to come to the Doncaster weekend. The problem is that he has already registered a couple of years back but now can't remember his username. He has tried to re-register using anew username but the site rejects him as 'Spam'. Presumably because the site recognizes his email but becos' he is using a different username does not want to play.
    Both he and I have looked for a 'Forgot Username' option without success.
    Any ideas where we go from here would be most welcome.
    Rebel

I'm guessing that someone with admin rights might be able to find the username given the email address. I've just looked at the advanced member search and email address isn't an option unfortunately.

Once you have the username, then a password reset should be possible.

- Neil.

Failing that, re-subscribe with a different username?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

He tried that but still has the same email address so the site sees it as a conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Failing that, re-subscribe with a different username?

Have him send me an email at eteoro@lincolnchristian.edu

I will take care of it.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Thanks Eric.
    I just found this and thought if he gave me his county and proper Name I could check all the Brits on the list but it would be a much linger job that way.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Thanks Eric.
    I just found this and thought if he gave me his county and proper Name I could check all the Brits on the list but it would be a much linger job that way.
    Rob.
    Hi Rob Just in case Eric fails my friend's name is Douglas Shales and he lives in
    Worksop which I believe is in Nottinghamshire.
    Cheers Reg (Rebel)

Hi Reg.
    I have checked all the Nottingham members on my list and can't find Doug as listed.
    The only thing I can now think of is that he was deleted in the great hack before Attillio wrote up my definitive list of Notts members. Sorry I can't do it from this end, but Eric should be able to see you right.
    Failing that, the Oberst will sort it out.
    Rob.

Hi Rob
    My friend has been in touch with Eric and his previous registration is still proving very elusive. Given the amount of effort we have all put into this could he still come to Doncaster even if he has still been unable to register or re-register by then?

Doug and I have been in contact. I tried several more searches today, all to no avail.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Hi Eric
    I know he was registered as it was he that introduced me to the site! How is it possible that he has seemed to disappear from the record? But what about him going to the Doncaster event anyway?
    Reg (Rebel)

Good morning and thanks for the update Reg.
    Unless this can be worked out in time, as an ex member of the Drome, he will be invited to attend as a personal guest of the Wingco. You may make arrangements accordingly.
    Kyte.