Ares Games

Thread: Sorry Chaps..... but I'm back

Default Sorry Chaps..... but I'm back

First of all I would like to sincerely apologize for going AWOL, especially to Dave who does such a sterling job of running this ship.

Basically work and family life scuttled things (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...t-me-a-G-amp-T!) But if it is ok with you gentlemen I would like to see if I can catch up and reenter the fray.

Hi James! Welcome back!

As I was AWOL for a spell, myself, I was just wondering where you had gotten to... quite pleased to see that you've been able to return to the fold!

Lets just say the last 6 months have been a battle in their own right, but itching to get back behind the stick.

Ah, there you are ! Welcome back old chap, give me a moment and I will reinstate your flight status - the Eagles have sorely missed their wingman !

"He is wise who watches"

Thumbs up

G'day James & as I said in your G & T thread Welcome Back!
    You are desperately needed by the Eagles Jasta who have been suffering somewhat at the hands of us Bulldogs.

Right just need to see where I played up too and then slot one in for this weekend!

James, fantastic news. You have been missed. I feel the Eagles will now be soaring high. Bulldogs watch out.

Great to have you back wingman.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Ah James the Eagles have had their feathers shaved a bit by us Bulldogs in the last few missions so I'm sure your re appearance will be a source of great celebration

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Good to see you back James (unless you shoot me down), Ive just flown 4 in 4 weeks, and am still 4 behind including my own scenario so fret ye not!

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    Right just need to see where I played up too and then slot one in for this weekend!
    About this time last year - so July 1916 ....
    Now that is a lot of catching up to do but you could pick it up from 11 if you prefer ? Leave that up to you - your pilots are back on the board and you have some Bulldogs to peck at so have at it !

"He is wise who watches"

James I'm waiting to fly 12,13,14,15 and 16! Don't worry. Plenty of time to catch up.

Now we have you rostered for 4 missions tomorrow and 4 the day after.....well me and Pete need some R&R too you know.

Now go get those and give them plenty of .

Neil

Good grief are things that bad on the pilot roster? The riggers are going to have their work cut out as I'm a bit out of whack and maybe a little heavy handed on the stick - so expect a few nose downs and wrecked landing struts.

Just in time to give us a good kicking in Bloody April James.
    Superb timing for the jolly old Hun what!
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    About this time last year - so July 1916 ....
    Now that is a lot of catching up to do but you could pick it up from 11 if you prefer ? Leave that up to you - your pilots are back on the board and you have some Bulldogs to peck at so have at it !
    I'm going to try and catch up I have a four day weekend coming up in September so I will dedicate that to gaming - also as my new job involves flying a desk for most of the day I can probably write a few sneaky AAR in my down time.

I guess I better have the riggers send this one back to the training school and get use to the Doppledekers!

Last edited by FarEast; 09-03-2015 at 13:33.

That's rather awesome !

"He is wise who watches"

Thank you Flash

Oh man, that is beautiful. (Scale?). Fantastic work James, is that the one you kept showing us snippets of on the hobby threads?

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    I'm going to try and catch up I have a four day weekend coming up in September so I will dedicate that to gaming - also as my new job involves flying a desk for most of the day I can probably write a few sneaky AAR in my down time.

I guess I better have the riggers send this one back to the training school and get use to the Doppledekers!

She is so sweet James . Looks like you could just climb aboard, have them spin the prop and take off. Privileged to have one of your repaints in my collection .
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Oh man, that is beautiful. (Scale?). Fantastic work James, is that the one you kept showing us snippets of on the hobby threads?

Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    She is so sweet James . Looks like you could just climb aboard, have them spin the prop and take off. Privileged to have one of your repaints in my collection .
    Paul
    Hey Neil, Paul, many thanks!

Yes she is the one I was posting sneakies of on the hobby section an is a 1:32 Wingnut Wings kit which was modified in to a Marine-Fliegerabteilung E.I LF.70. I'm almost done with her counterpart, a heavily weathered DH.2

And my Albatros is currently on the back bench as I need to skill up for one of the jobs I need to do on her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0565.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	174800

I'm also working on some 1:32 miniatures from Tommy's War as well as a heavily re-sculpted figure of 'Papa' Reuschke for LF.70

GODZILLA!

That Fokker is ridiculous, James.

And I had yet to see the Albatros... Spectacular!
    Last edited by fast.git; 09-04-2015 at 15:41. Reason: Missed the Albatros!

Similar Missions

1. To the bar, chaps!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-22-2014, 19:32
  2. To the bar chaps!
    By FarEast in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 05:06
  3. What's this from chaps?
    By lancer77 in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4