Ares Games
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WoG Solo System [Mobile & Desktop]

LOOP

Congrats Danjel
    It is a well deserved medal

Any chance of seeing a dummies guide on how to use the app. It might make it more attractive for new pilots and easier to understand for really old pilots.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Any chance of seeing a dummies guide on how to use the app. It might make it more attractive for new pilots and easier to understand for really old pilots.
    Like those of us still using PCs, adding machines and other such "vintage" stuff
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thank you very much for this excellent work from this solo gamer. I totally improves my experience of the game!

Glad to hear that, you are welcome! In the meantime, 1.6 went live for iOS too.

About the dummies guide, that's not even on my todo list to be honest! At least the app is quite self explanatory for solo players... Or at least I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    1 page guide on how to use - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2309

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Rojo View Post
    now question: does the system supports altitude rules?
    I love the app Daniel, just fantastic. Ezekial asked the above question a few months back but I could not find any responses in the thread.

Are there any plans to make provision for altitude rules, like a counters for altitude pegs and climb counters similar to the damage counter?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Thank you Zoe. Printed and will be laminated tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Hahaha, great, thanks Zoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    I love the app Daniel, just fantastic. Ezekial asked the above question a few months back but I could not find any responses in the thread.

Are there any plans to make provision for altitude rules, like a counters for altitude pegs and climb counters similar to the damage counter?
    Thank you very much.
    I must have missed that question! Yeah, it's in my mind indeed, though it may require some time and definitely a rework of the plane control boards; my original idea was to support all the decks and solo rules before developing new features. There are still some rule sets to include, like the Advanced Variant and the Dice-less Solo Deck.

Default solo app

Great job Danjel, thanks for sharing this!

One question if someone knows. Are you supposed to set the direction clock face dial to: A) the direction the target plane is in relation to your plane or B) the direction you are to the target plane?

I'm sure the answer lies somewhere in solo rules somewhere but I can't find them and I believe I figured the rest of the settings out by messing around with the app.

Now that I've played around with card flipping some more I'm assuming the answer is B since when I set it to 6 o'clock the target plane does an Immleman

Thanks again Danjel, great little tool. I just hope the AI doesn't beat me all the time lolo

The answer should be A Kyle - the clock template is used on the manoeuvring AI model, identify its target, the clock face it is in & which direction it is flying, enter the info and that determines the resulting moves for that model. Do the same for any other AI models. This is done after you have selected the manoeuvres of your model, of course.
    Having re-read your post I may have misunderstood what you said but the above is correct.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Ah yes of course that works. I really should have played with the app more before posting but thank you for taking time! Happy hunting Dave!
    Last edited by Sigwald; 06-19-2016 at 09:50.

You're welcome Kyle, it's probably the most oft asked question with the solo rules but the least written about !

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You're welcome Kyle, it's probably the most oft asked question with the solo rules but the least written about !
    See http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2309 for instructions

Thank you for the link Zoe.

CAMALEON

Hi all,
    This is my first post and I'm very impressive with these app.
    Thank you very much for it. It's wonderful.

Regards
    CAMALEON

Welcome Luis!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Luis, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. May I suggest that for your second post that you go to the Report for Duty section and introduce yourself.

People here are very friendly and helpful, so do not be afraid to ask questions no matter how simple you think they may be.

CAMALEON

Hi all again,

Sorry for mix this post with my presentation, i will go to the "Report of Duty" for a more correct presentation.
    And sorry, It will be in my third post

Continuing with this post, i have a query.
    In the advanced rules, when is near distance and when is far. Is 1 ruler near? more than 1 ruler is far?

Thanks
    Luis

Quote Originally Posted by CAMALEON View Post
    Hi all again,

Sorry for mix this post with my presentation, i will go to the "Report of Duty" for a more correct presentation.
    And sorry, It will be in my third post
    Hola Luis!
    That makes easier for people in each country to find fellow players and meeting for a head to head game ��

The downloaded program does not allow me to choose a maneuver deck in the plane builder menu. I can enter the plane type and pilot but not the maneuver deck. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    The downloaded program does not allow me to choose a maneuver deck in the plane builder menu. I can enter the plane type and pilot but not the maneuver deck. Any suggestions?
    Would it be any use entering a plane type which uses the same maneuver deck?

Any way you can make an app like this for Sails of Glory? This is amazing! Well done

Any chance this app will support Richard Bradley's WW2 solo charts?

Just tried this on my Linux laptop, running Ubuntu 16. This is what I got:

Looked OK on opening:
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-15-36Crop.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  134.3 KB

Looked OK when selecting a plane:
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-16-06Crop.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  86.4 KB

Not sure about this. Places on the screen were clickable, if you knew where to click, though.
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-16-22Crop2.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  63.5 KB

Clicked on the screen, I think it was the next move or plan?
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-16-30Crop2.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  86.7 KB

Note that the buttons and indicators tried to display, but I think I got the whole set for each:
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-17-15Crop2.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  83.8 KB

With one plane, I sometimes got all the phase cards presented:
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-18-27Crop.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  75.9 KB

With two planes, I rarely got all the cards presented.
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-19-27Crop.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  93.0 KB
    NOTE: I clicked on each phase card for both planes, then went to the next phase.

A few more tries, with varying results of the same, missing cards and different colors:
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-21-59Crop2.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  97.8 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-23-07Crop.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  108.6 KB
    Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-06 15-23-34Crop.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  91.9 KB

Probably not detailed enough to fault-find, but if you need me to step through this, with more screen shots, let me know.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Ar you sure you weren't playing Tetris at the same time ?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 783
Size:  25.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DanjelRicci View Post
    Thanks everyone for the REPs! <3

I have just added OSX, Windows and Linux download links in the first post. Windows and Linux haven't been tested since I'm on OSX, but if everything goes well, they should launch windowed at 600x800 (yes, vertically!) and be resizable like any other window. Let me know!

As for WGS, I added it on the to-do list. I don't think I can work on it soon, though; there is much to be done on WGF before that!
    PS: any iOS device starting from iPhone 4 will run this (better from iPhone 4S and up)!
    If there is anything that can be done to get a WGS version done let me know. I almost exclusively fly solo due to a vacuum of interest in my area so this App would be a great help. Is funding or time your greatest barrier to working on the WGS version?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    If there is anything that can be done to get a WGS version done let me know. I almost exclusively fly solo due to a vacuum of interest in my area so this App would be a great help. Is funding or time your greatest barrier to working on the WGS version?
    We could do the online game thing, if you'd like to try?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

How does that work? Maybe PM me so we do not derail the thread.

i have used this often, what i want to know is there a way to ADD PLANES that are not in the program? I.E. upgrade the data base
    even if it has to be coded some way.

Quote Originally Posted by boomerpete53 View Post
    i have used this often, what i want to know is there a way to ADD PLANES that are not in the program? I.E. upgrade the data base
    even if it has to be coded some way.
    Do you have the latest version? The are no specific planes, you just basically choose what deck you want and how many damage points.

Edit: all official decks are supported, as well as a few unofficial decks.
    Last edited by brdavis; 03-05-2017 at 17:11.

I just put this on a tablet and get to the panel page. No planes show and when I pick PLAN three card are delt and nothing other than that.

The software crashes on my Nexus 6p phone.

I have just tried to download the app using the Windows 1.6 link in post #1. It takes me to Dropbox but gives a 'File not Found Error'.

Anyone out there having problems running this on a Galaxy S7 Edge? It downloads, installs, opens, and immediately stops and minimizes itself before you get to the first screen. I have removed and reinstalled to no effect.

Awesome!

Looking forward to getting WOG back on my solo game table - this web page is really exciting and WOG it heading for my table soon.
    Just discovered a similar app for SOG so that is next up after I finishing some other solo games in progress on my table.

Thanks for the app!
    Myles

Hello guys, it has been quite some time since my last visit! And looks like some errors and problems are just coming up... I really dig the crazy interface of the Linux build.
    I can't test on Linux since I don't have a machine that runs it, so every new build I upload is really a blind shot, just hoping it works.

Talking about Dropbox, recently they automatically made private every public folder, so I have to host everything elsewhere. I'm going to update the links later today.

For the sake of compatibility, I want to publish a new build soon using the latest Unity version, but honestly I don't really know how much stuff is going to fix for users who have experienced problems or bugs. Lastly, we now know that the new Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a terrible 18.5:9 aspect ratio, so I'm going to make the necessary changes to support that.

EDIT: version 1.7 submitted to Google Play and App Store. Please notice that the Android version may no longer work for some older devices and for anything running and Android version lesser than 4.0 (but it should work fine from 4.1). App Store version will need around a week for approval as usual.

EDIT2: just uploaded all new 1.7 desktop versions; turns out Dropbox just changed the link format, now they should work fine. Let me know!

EDIT3: iOS version has been approved, that was very fast. All versions updated to 1.7 then! Let me know how these works for you.
    Last edited by DanjelRicci; 04-05-2017 at 10:47.

great app!
    does it supports altitude rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Rojo View Post
    great app!
    does it supports altitude rules?
    Thanks! Altitude rules are not supported unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DanjelRicci View Post
    Thanks! Altitude rules are not supported unfortunately.
    oh!
    will they be in the future?

android is running great on my Galaxy A6
    and windows is fantastic on dell ultrabook
    no crashes
    really solid

Greetings

Just downloaded this on my iPad. Looks really useful.

Regards

Edward

Great app thanks! Rep sent. Will it support altitude in the future? The only problem I found was with my AI Ufag being chased from the 6 by my Spad. The Ufag kept going straight until it exited the map, at no point did it turn. In the end I moved the direction to 5 or 7 and the Ufag began to turn. Possibly a button to press that warns of table exit?

I'm gonna download this tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkMonkey View Post
    Any way you can make an app like this for Sails of Glory? This is amazing! Well done
    there is a SoG app for solo playing out there

Excellent App. Works well on my laptop. Many thanks.

Anyone tried this lately? It seems to have been uninstalled from my devices and is no longer downloadable through Google play.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Problems with Android downloading files.
    By Twisted_terrain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 00:57
  2. android app
    By boomerpete53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 13:22
  3. Solo: Lets knock out a system to actually make solo play possible.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 16:22
  4. WW2 (DoW) system for WW1?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 03:58
  5. WWI system vs WWII system question????
    By Propjockey53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 14:14