Ares Games

Thread: USS Hornet 1/200

Default USS Hornet 1/200

Has anyone made this merit monster for their B25's and Wildcats? A huge amount of skill here. I have seen them available on EBay from time to time for about $495 AUD.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/i...autilus/page-1

This is a good step by step guide on how the modeller made his. Fantastic details.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Has anyone made this merit monster for their B25's and Wildcats? A huge amount of skill here. I have seen them available on EBay from time to time for about $495 AUD.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/i...autilus/page-1

This is a good step by step guide on how the modeller made his. Fantastic details.
    Well... Not the plastic model, but...

USS Hornet in 1/200" scale

Or, check out this:

HMS Glorious in 1/200"scale

There are some AARs around, if you search the Forum for the Glorious.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I should have checked for Clipper efforts first! Astounding what that Clipper has made. Well done Clipper and I think you said $25 is all yours cost too.

Working on the German carrier Graf Zeppelin build for later this fall. All the aircraft are molded and awaiting paint. . . She will join the others on the shelf, Argus, Hornet, Yorktown, Furious, Glorious, Akagi, Hiryu, Soryu. . . Alak the shelf space!

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Working on the German carrier Graf Zeppelin build for later this fall. All the aircraft are molded and awaiting paint. . . She will join the others on the shelf, Argus, Hornet, Yorktown, Furious, Glorious, Akagi, Hiryu, Soryu. . . Alak the shelf space!
    Yeah. I just have to clear out more garage space. If I could get a copy of the GZ, I could soo get into doing the "what-if" Glorious vs Graf Zeppelin carrier engagement.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Dave, are you aware of this book? It has shedloads of plans and detail on the Graf Zeppelin

Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thanks! Now I have . . . Blackronin sent me a great set of plans for the GZ for card stock in 1/200" scale so now I have all I will need! Call the sea elves to the workroom!

Another keel on the slipway David. Those Elves must be worn out by now !!

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Another carrier!

Hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Dave, are you aware of this book? It has shedloads of plans and detail on the Graf Zeppelin

Just ordered on Amazon Prime, $10 US, thanks again. Will no doubt be making two . . .

Just checked to see if my local library had it; they do, but in the "Special Lighter than Air" reference section
    Someone taking the title too literally?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I'd like to see that flying Karl.
    Just joking Dave honest.
    Nooo! Keep those Elves away from that band-saw.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Just ordered on Amazon Prime, $10 US, thanks again. Will no doubt be making two . . .
    $10?? Blimey, that's cheap
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    $10?? Blimey, that's cheap
    Well, it is only 48 pages, but yes, it's rather affordable.
    Karl'
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Not as great as I expected, but there is not much info on it since it was abandoned before it could sail. Some interesting shots of the construction and major details. Part of the book is on other navy projects. What is good and very helpful are the five view scale drawings that will be perfect for my simplified condition : ) now to find a place in the building schedule . . . Never enough elves .. .

Similar Missions

1. U.S.S. Hornet and a pizza run. . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-08-2015, 15:08
  2. WGSF USS Hornet in 1/200" scale . . . hmm
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 11:28
  3. USS Hornet Museum
    By Tokhuah in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 12