Ares Games

Thread: Guns Of August 2015 Recap!

Smile Guns Of August 2015 Recap!

We had a great weekend of flying! I managed three WW1 and three WW2 games. I meet some new Aerodrome members and a few who will be joining us hopefully. The top honors go to JJ aka Nemesis and her wing lady Kristine better known as the She Devils! Saturday morning they were the Germans defending several troop concentrations. They lost but Kristine shot down all three of Stuarts IL-2`s in three turns. Earning her the games top scorer title!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8220059.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	173858 This was followed by Bills WW1 game in which as the Allies flying a Caproni`s they bombed their target and shot Bob and myself up making pursuing them impossible. JJ topped it off with total of seven "0" damage cards on her bomber! I awarded her the top prize of the weekend a one day ticket to Biplanes and Triplanes in October! Here are a few random shots.
    It was great meeting Bill and **** another new member! Plus seeing old friends again!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8210011.jpg   P8210023.jpg   P8210035.jpg   P8210047.jpg   P8220061.jpg  

P8220071.jpg   P8220055.jpg  

Six games in a weekend...! Sounds like it was a great time!

Christopher

Yes it was fun! On Friday afternoon John ran his Bag the Baron game, the Baron bagged me instead! Followed by a points game, John is working on a tournament system. John, Bill and Mike played all afternoon after i left! My WW2 Eastern front game Friday night and my follow up games Saturday morning. Bill ran his Adriatic Aces game Saturday afternoon. Besides our games there was also a Canvas Eagles game in 1:285 scale!

Rich

Six games ! Outstanding Richard

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Six games ! Outstanding Richard
    Agreed!
    Well done that man!

Smile

In six games you would think i shot someone down? Not one, i was shot down in both of John`s WW1 games. I was hit in my three WW2 games and mauled in Bill`s game. I did shoot up Baron and hit his wing man. I did blowup the primary target a bridge in my Friday night game. I flew bombers in my games Saturday and knocked out one ground target. Saturday in Bill`s game no one could damage JJ plane. Four fighters and AA fire hit her seven times and a "0" was pulled every time! In my one good pass at her she damaged my engine and rudder! We had a wonderful time win, lose or draw!

Rich

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad to see it was a success, Rich! Did you get outside to see and full-sized versions taking to the air?

All the best,
    Matt

Thumbs up

Mat

No there are no real ones in Williamsburg! That will be October 3rd and 4th at the MAM, just around the corner!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAM BT Poster 2015.jpg  

Phillip

That it was! Plenty of flying activity and plenty of other gaming! We had a packed house Saturday, a bad time for the event halls AC to act up!!!! Bob and i are already planning the games for the Williamsburg Muster 2016 February 4-7th!

Rich

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    saturday in Bill`s game no one could damage JJ plane. Four fighters and AA fire hit her seven times and a "0" was pulled every time! In my one good pass at her she damaged my engine and rudder! We had a wonderful time win, lose or draw! Rich

no one makes a pass at me and gets away with it I had a fantastic weekend much enjoyment was had by me and my wing man KRISTINE , see ya'll soon

Thumbs up

JJ

We had a great time! I know Kristine really enjoyed herself. I will see you in October!

Rich

Thumbs up

Well done to everybody involved!

Thank you for the pictures and short report, Richard.

...Yes it was fun! On Friday afternoon John ran his Bag the Baron game, the Baron bagged me instead!

The scenario with the flyboats, Capronis, the AA guns and the ship in the harbour looks interesting, too.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Got back yesterday and just getting on today. Had a great time this weekend.as usual. In one of Rich's games one of my LaGG 3's took 15 hits in one pass by the Germans so lost that plane.
    In the second game did some damage on his Russian bombers but they hit their target.

Bill's Sat game was again a great time. I was getting a bead on a bomber when I took a critical hit. Lost my wing and down I went. Met a number of new people and had a great time which is the most important thing.

Bill (Spindoc) is running a game at Fall In and I look forward to his game. Meeting new people, making friends and having a good time is what matters.

Sven

Bill`s game was fun. There were three targets in the city, in the port and the ship. Flying a seaplane was different for me. Do you like his clouds?

Rich

Thumbs up

Bob

The next Musters theme is War at Sea! We are on for Atlantic Air Operations then!

Rich

Sven

Bill`s game was fun. There were three targets in the city, in the port and the ship.

Rich
    You mean the hospital, the orphanage and the baby milk factory

Smile

Stuart

Very true! If we had only damaged JJ bomber it would not have been such a lopsided game!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    The scenario with the flyboats, Capronis, the AA guns and the ship in the harbour looks interesting, too.
    Thanks Sven. I just posted an album of pics from the Adriatic Aces scenario, and hope to find the time to post an AAR in the next few days.

Bill

You photos did come out nice, even the upside down ones!

Rich

Guns of August looked like great fun this year. I am sorry that I missed it. I will definitely be at Williamsburg Muster.

David

We had fun! Saw some old friends and met some new ones! Look forward to some over water flying again in February. Sunderland's and Condor`s in action!

Rich
    Last edited by richard m schwab; 08-26-2015 at 10:13.

Missed you this year Dave. Will you be at the tank farm in Oct ? If so see you then.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Sounds like a great time was had by all.

Dale

It was. I really enjoyed myself!

Rich

Similar Missions

1. Guns of August
    By BobP in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 19:20
  2. Guns Of August 2015
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 16:41
  3. The Guns of August
    By Albert Ross in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 08:54
  4. Guns of August August 23rd - 25th , 2013 Williamsburg Virginia!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 05:07
  5. Guns Of August
    By richard m schwab in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 14:37