Ares Games

Thread: Campaign points systems?

Default Campaign points systems?

Hi All,

I would like to introduce my gaming group to an extended campaign made up from quite a number of back to back scenarios.
    Rather than re-inventing the wheel has anyone developed a point scoring system for such a campaign?

Cheers,
    Daniel

yes andrea the game designer has devised a points system for the game. it shoudl be easily found by searching "points system" in the search bar.

Yes I saw that points system but it seems to be for earning upgrades etc as you traverse through a campaign plan.
    I was looking for a system of awarding victory/reward points so at the end of a campaign we can assess which player deserves to be called the winner.
    I figured I could develop such a system based on Andrea's values but maybe someone else already has another such system?

There isn't such a system that I recall Daniel but have a trawl of the files as you might find something you can use, also have a look here at the KotA campaign as it may have something for you.
    We run solo campaigns in Over the Trenches but success is measured in survival & victories - there are no upgrades as such other than ace skills earned after each 5 victories or rare special events. For us it's more about playing the game &, for some, the story telling rather than who wins & points...
    ... Though everyone likes to win one occasionally
    There are many ways you could award points - eg for damage points remaining on return from a mission, just for returning, for kills... the list can go on but it is for you to create it to your needs. Please share what you come up with.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. WGS Points
    By Franco Lucchini in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2015, 00:21
  2. 100 Rep points.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 15:18
  3. Points value
    By Doug in forum WGF: General Discussions