Ares Games

Thread: New Wargames Show February 2016

Mickowenuk's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Mick
    Sorties Flown

Default New Wargames Show February 2016

Just a heads up. There is going to be a new wargames show next February 20th in Bournemouth. The first one will be a 1 day show and we are on the lookout for participation games. If any one is interested and willing to put on a wings of glory participation game, please see the link here http://entoyment.co.uk/beachhead-2016/4588774837 for information about the event.

Regards,

Mick Owen

Thanks Mick.
    I hope you get some takers.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Interesting - I started my war gaming as part of SDMS (South Dorset Military Society) around 35 years ago.
    I may look into it (work and real life permitting).
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Is STaB still going or is this the natural successor to that? I could well be able to make this. If it was at a warmer time of the year I could even bring the family and lose them on the seafront (we have strong past family connections to Poole / Wareham / Bournemouth so its always nice to get an excuse to go back)

A tad far from Northumberland but I hope you make a success of it and someone takes up the challenge.

Might also clash with Vapnartak too.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Bournemouth is definitely doable from here. Just need to figure out what else might be going on around that time.

So tentatively in the diary.

- Neil.

Oh bugger - two shows in a weekend - Cavalier is on the Sunday at Tun Wells I expect.
    It's moments like this when you're happy your daughter not only lives in Poole but has just bought her house a few hundred yards from Entoyment's store !
    I don't have the wherewith all to put on a game but I should think I'll get there to crew one if there is - wonder if Chris is in a position to attend ?

"He is wise who watches"

Thumbs up

Any opportunity to promote Wings is great.
    Afraid its a "Bridge too Far" from Oz!

Good luck & hope the event is a big success.
    Last edited by gully_raker; 08-04-2015 at 16:28.

Mickowenuk's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Mick
    Sorties Flown

I understand that someone has been in contact about putting on a participation game, for which we are hugely grateful. My apologies if I didn't make it clear that I couldn't do so myself as I am on the organising committee so will be busy dealing with the door, the venue etc for the duration.

Sorted Mick. No worries. Hopefully Dave (flash) and co have this well in hand.
    See you on the Dark Side......

That was me Mick, I popped into Entoyment and had a chat with Pete then dropped Andy an e-mail - hopefully we'll see you on the day and you'll have a chance to chat and play !

"He is wise who watches"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    A tad far from Northumberland but I hope you make a success of it and someone takes up the challenge.

Might also clash with Vapnartak too.
    Vapnartak is happening on February 7th 2016. This event is taking place two weeks later - glad that there is no clash.

Bournemouth likely to be an unable for me - out of range. Nevertheless I hope all goes well for this brand new event and our presence there
    Last edited by Tonx; 12-14-2015 at 15:50. Reason: Dates cross-checked: Rephrased slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Oh bugger - two shows in a weekend - Cavalier is on the Sunday at Tun Wells I expect.
    It's moments like this when you're happy your daughter not only lives in Poole but has just bought her house a few hundred yards from Entoyment's store !
    I don't have the wherewith all to put on a game but I should think I'll get there to crew one if there is - wonder if Chris is in a position to attend ?
    You're safe (or not) Dave - Cavaler is 28th Feb this year - always on 4th Sunday in Feb. So you'll just be making Mrs Flash a Wargames Widow two weekends running

Now that is good news .. the show dates not the widow bit ! Thanks Brian.

"He is wise who watches"

I will be coming to the Bournemouth show.

Nige

Unfortunately I have a work commitment on the Isle of Wight (hacking anamatronic dinosaurs) so won't be making this.

- Neil.

This is now looking good for me, so the intention will be to attend along with Bogue

Look forward to seeing you there chaps.

"He is wise who watches"

Done the math and it's doable for me so real life permitting will put in an appearance.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. Prague Summer Con 2016
    By Dan-Sam in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 1039
    Last Post: 10-09-2016, 11:33
  2. One to look out for in 2016
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 02:06
  3. New Wargames Show, Thornbury, August 2013
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6