Ares Games

Thread: Biplanes and Triplanes 2015 WW1 Air Show

Lightbulb Biplanes and Triplanes 2015 WW1 Air Show

The Military Aviation Museum will hold it`s annual WW1 Air Show on the weekend of October 3rd and 4th. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BT-600x150-banner-15.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	171702 The museums WW1 collection get to come out and play. The event also features WW1 reenactors live entertainment.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA030094.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	171703 We have been invited back to run some games again this year! The museums collection been expanded by some new arrivals in the last few weeks. Plus on going build and restoration projects of other WW1 planes, will make it a great show.
    If you are into R/C aircraft the fourth annual Mid-Atlantic WWI Dawn Patrol, is September 30the to the 4th. The Academy of Model Aeronautics show off their WW1 aircraft. WW1 R/C builders from all over the country bring their planes in every scale.

Rich

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.or...show_2014.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA040047.jpg   PA030010.jpg   PA050065.jpg   PA040020.jpg   PA020043.jpg  

PA020038.jpg  

Last year's show looked good, Richard. I hope that this year's will be even better.

Thumbs up

David

Everything points to great show! Here are a few reasons. A Bleriot BL30, a Eindecker E-3, working on the Albatross and 7/8 scale SE5A. Plus work on the student project Nieuport 28 is getting it`s fabric installed! It should be a great show!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bleriot XI-2  3.jpg   SE-5  1.jpg   Eindecker 3.jpg   Abatross 1.jpg  

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Looks like it's going to be a wonderful time, Rich! I look forward to your reportage

Envious!

All the best,
    Matt

Those RC planes look a lot bigger than I thought they'd be!
    How much does a toy like that cost?

Smile

The museum just updated the airshow information.

Rich

http://www.vbairshow.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAM BT Poster 2015 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Those RC planes look a lot bigger than I thought they'd be!
    How much does a toy like that cost?
    More than a few plastic ships Tim.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Not the number I would end up buying.................

NO SAILS!!!!

Smile

Tim

The Albatross in photo above would be called a large model. Here are shots of three really big models The D-7 and Jenny are around 1/3 scale the center shot is closer to 1/2 scale! Are you familiar with expression Big Bucks!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA030013.jpg   PA030015.jpg   PA030018.jpg  

Smile

A few shots form my trip today, The Bleriot BL30. is a beauty! The Fokker E-3 is coming along.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8030057.jpg   P8030054.jpg   P8030053.jpg   P8030051.jpg   P8030045.jpg  

P8030047.jpg   P8030044.jpg  

Thumbs up

More great pics Richard!
    Love the Bleriot

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Tim

The Albatross in photo above would be called a large model. Here are shots of three really big models The D-7 and Jenny are around 1/3 scale the center shot is closer to 1/2 scale! Are you familiar with expression Big Bucks!

Rich
    "Big Bucks" - yes, I am familiar with the expression!

Unfortunately, I am completely unfamiliar with the possession of Big Bucks!

Thank you all the comments! A Dr1 sent off for some work is back. This bird was should be back in the air also by October. That would make three in the air again.

Rich

A Dr1 sent off for some work is back. This bird was should be back in the air also by October. That would make three in the air again.

Rich
    A real tri-plane!

Ah yes! It reminds me of one heady day in June Rich.
    Rob.

Tim

I am in the same boat!

Rich
    Just so long as the boat has NO SAILS!!!!

Thumbs up

Tim

It is a reproduction DR1 . It had a locked up motor when it arrived and was one more all red DR1. It is in the foreground. It is now overall blue and will eventually look like the DR1 in the background after the streaking is applied.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue DR1.jpg   100_5003.jpg  

Rob

That was a good day out there. I can actually say this. As hot as it was that day, last Thursday was worse. I was cooked i sweat my shirt through before we left the WW1 hanger where it was a cool 90 inside!

Rich

Five weeks to Biplanes and Triplanes!

Rich

Four weeks to Biplanes and Triplanes!

Rich

Smile

A week to go and another new plane has arrived. A new Morane Saulnier A1 built by the students of the Kansas City Aviation Institute of Maintenance. She wont fly but will look good! The gaming will be in the Navy Hanger.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MS A1.jpg   Morane-Salunier MS-170.jpg   WW1 planes.jpg   BT15_FB Ad_450 x 450 3.jpg  

Very exciting Rich.
    I can't wait to see your pictures of the actual event.
    Rob.

Rob

Will do! I am going out on Friday the 2nd for the test flights and set up. Looking forward to it. Any idea who the man in the Brown Bowler hat is next to Charlie?

Rich

Could he perchance be a time traveler from the previous century Rich?
    Rob.

Rob

He is a traveler but not through time. He is member of our happy family here. He and his family should have received the best dressed visitors award at last years show, if such an award existed! In time he will reveal his true identity!

Rich

Unhappy

Sad news the MAM has canceled the WW1 air Show. The Museum hated to do it but the planes cannot fly in the those conditions! We have a tropical depression coming our way with rain and high winds. A car show was rained out this past weekend courtesy of another tropical depression. Rain is forecast foe the rest of the week.

Rich

Hey, I recognize those people!

Sad to say we won't be able to attend this year. There is a scout camping trip that weekend.

Sad news the MAM has canceled the WW1 air Show. The Museum hated to do it but the planes cannot fly in the those conditions! We have a tropical depression coming our way with rain and high winds. A car show was rained out this past weekend courtesy of another tropical depression. Rain is forecast foe the rest of the week.

Rich
    Bummer. Any word on rescheduling? Or is that too difficult to do on such short notice?

John

I will ask the events directer about that. If they do i will post it.

Rich

Sorry to hear about the cancelation, but hopefully it can be rescheduled.
    Have to put this on the calendar for a future visit...perhaps when the Buckeyes visit Maryland will make an extended visit that could also include a few other VA historic sites...maybe even a game or two.
    Keep us abrest of any news.

That is really tough news Rich.
    I'm so sorry for you all over in Virginia.
    Keep your pecker up.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Rob

Yes it is! Very disappointing, but safety first. The man in the Brown Derby has revealed himself!

Rich

Too bad weather is so dominating for an event like this. Hopefully it can be rescheduled.

Rob

Yes it is! Very disappointing, but safety first. The man in the Brown Derby has revealed himself!

Rich
    So it was John all the time, and I must have seen him in that gear last year on the photos.
    Rob.

Rich seems like there something like this looms each year. Remember when the Lancaster couldn't fly? Have to see what happens for the tank farm show this weekend.

The show has been canceled and not rescheduled. The museum is offering a refund of ticket price or a ticket for the May 2016 WW2 Air Show. I will go for the latter!

Rich

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Sorry to hear it's cancelled, Rich! It was shaping up to be a lovely show...

Hopefully it will be rescheduled...at least you can visit the hangers and keep sending us happy snappies as they complete things...
    Stay dry this weekend - we've got rain here as I write...

All the best,
    Matt

The show has been canceled and not rescheduled. The museum is offering a refund of ticket price or a ticket for the May 2016 WW2 Air Show. I will go for the latter!

Rich
    Did they print a brochure? And if so, what picture did they use for the cover? If it is the one with myself and the wife and kids, I'd be more than happy to send you some money if you could grab a few of them for me!

John

They always publish one i will see if they did. It has been a mess around here between the rain and the winds.

Rich

Unhappy

Sorry to hear of your weather problem!
    We had a drizzly day the previous Saturday for our Heavy Horse & Antique Farm Machinery show which curtailed the Horse events somewhat & kept spectator attendance low but at least we got a sunny day on the Sunday.

John

They always publish one i will see if they did. It has been a mess around here between the rain and the winds.

Rich
    I'm glad to say we managed to dodge the worst of it, and it's sad to hear about how bad South Carolina was hit.

Similar Missions

1. GENE: Biplanes, Triplanes and Seaplanes
    By john snelling in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 20:36
  2. New show Barrage 2015 12 July
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-13-2015, 10:45
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 16:27
  4. Replies: 28