Ares Games

Thread: The Price of Plagisarism

Default The Price of Plagisarism

Being a shocking swiper of others peoples ideas I rather fancied Gully Rakers idea of using Axis and Allies models to put on top of the Topside minies in his AAR on bombing ships in the pacific. So I headed off to the Game World shop here in Adelaide and bought myself a box of AA 1941. I spied Sails of Glory on the shelf so naturally asked the assistant if they had any Wings of Glory. He told me that they could not longer get that product and that it was out of production and had in fact been replaced by the Blue Max Board game

Anyway, purchase in hand I am now heading home to play the game chaps.

That chap is either sadly misinformed, or has given up on trying to source the product, and sees a chance to shift another of his lines. Did you try to put his misconception to bed Gary?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sorry to say I did not. I know I should have

PS.I checked the spelling in my message but obviously not the heading. Plagiarism I think it should be.

I wouldn't worry Gary. It would most likely have been water off a duck's back anyway.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Gary I did a Kickstarter for TOPSIDE minis and received a nice quantity of ships. I did choose many cargo ships along with the WWI ships. Took the cargo ships for a number of battles that you could do. Malta was They also included a set of rules for their mini's. Bought a few D-12's at Historicon for their rules.

Where does plagiarism come into this?

Not really plagiarism - just plain good ol' fashioned fraud.

PLAGIARISM - I probably picked the wrong word but I was referring to me "pinching" Gully Rakers" idea of using little miniature ships on top of his Topside minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    PLAGIARISM - I probably picked the wrong word but I was referring to me "pinching" Gully Rakers" idea of using little miniature ships on top of his Topside minis.
    In the words of Bernard from Yes Prime Minister, this is an irregular verb - as in "I adopt good ideas, you plagiarise my ideas, he is charged with copyright theft" - so you adopted Baz's good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    so you adopted Baz's good idea

"Improvise; adapt; overcome."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I am more than happy to see anyone getting a good use out of any of my ideas!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    I am more than happy to see anyone getting a good use out of any of my ideas!
    Same here if anybody borrowed one of my ideas - I'd firstly think of how as Aerodrome members we stand together and as it would not have been a published idea to begin with (an idea given for compensation or hire) I would definitely not view it as Plagiarism.

Spelling-wise plagiarism is just like parallel and the subject of quite a few 'What is the correct spelling of ...' questions in pub-quizzes which I have taken part in down the years

Similar Missions

1. The price of nostalgia
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 08:36
  2. WGS The price may be a 'Reisen' to buy these
    By Dowters in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 11:21
  3. WGF Petersplanes price changes
    By pbhawkin in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0