Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model kits

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    So we can live in hope.
    Rob.
    Do they serve cheap alcohol in hope? If so I just may move there.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    Do they serve cheap alcohol in hope? If so I just may move there.
    Hope is a quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem that sits on Resurrection Creek, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. It does have a 2000' long 65' wide gravel airstrip - see you there! Alaska amber for all my friends!

P.s. Right across Cook Inlet from home

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I always thought putting Hope in Alaska was the ultimate counter to claims that Americans can't do irony....

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlerclan View Post
    Hope is a quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem that sits on Resurrection Creek, Kenai Peninsula Alaska. It does have a 2000' long 65' wide gravel airstrip - see you there! Alaska amber for all my friends!

P.s. Right across Cook Inlet from home
    WooHoo, save a barstool for me.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno_Stachel
    Sorties Flown

OK, well here is the SRAM Gotha GIV just about constructed. I was going to paint it up and then mount the top wing but as usual, being in far too much of a hurry to see a result, I instead finished building it and will paint afterwards. Won't be any hex camo for me either.

It was probably the least fiddly of the SRAM kits I have tried. Even had a fairly straightforward undercarriage. Quite why the split each lower wing into two segments though escapes me. The crew are Reviresco.

Nice models chaps, making me think twice about posting my poor efforts. Excellent stuff

Looking good.

I'm thinking about buying some bombers, if anyone has built these I'd be interested in getting more detailed reviews and opinions, and pics of course!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by robotwizard View Post
    I'm thinking about buying some bombers, if anyone has built these I'd be interested in getting more detailed reviews and opinions, and pics of course!

Cheers,
    Click on Forums at the top of the home page. Scroll down to Hobby Room. Click on it. There have been several threads on people building bombers, Gothas, a Handley Page, and even a Friedrich Shafen G-III.
    Last edited by gregbond77; 10-17-2010 at 16:14. Reason: spelling

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno_Stachel
    Sorties Flown

Have now fixed the upper wing to the struts.

And just to give an idea of scale, alongside an Albatros CIII.

I found the SRAM Gotha to be the easier than the Albatros CIII to build. Mainly because, being larger, I found the parts less fiddly. It is a comparable size to the Reviresco Friedrichshafen GIII but is a little over half the weight of the mixed-media Reviresco aircraft. Haven't yet mounted either on flight stands so I'm not sure how stability will be.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 10-18-2010 at 15:45.

Well Done on both planes! keep the updates comming, please.

John, I bow to the master...your planes look great. Wish I had your skill and patience!

Having seen your SRAM Gotha, I may try one for my next one for night bombing. It looks a very clean kit. What is delivery time like on it?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno_Stachel
    Sorties Flown

I ordered from Hannants and it arrived within 4 days. Their webstore is very good and even lists stock levels.

I have also picked up several of the Red Eagle Gotha GV from eBay and it seems in some regards the Red Eagle version has better details engines and wings. However the thing weighs a ton and I haven't yet worked out how I'll mount the thing once built. Will include some photographs of the two kits side by side for comparison.

I'd better come up with a good scenario as I now have four of these things. I just couldn't say "no". :-D

Thats where those Gothas went!
    I was bidding for those but am too tight to bid too high.
    I might even see them one day as we live quite close.
    Don

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bruno_Stachel
    Sorties Flown

Yes, a little bit of target fixation involved, which is why I tend to avoid eBay unless I am looking for something specific.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

I ve heard of pilots shooting em selves in the foot but never impailing with a needle file. Try wearing your underpants on your head and sticking two pencils up our nose next time, lol ;-)

Needles

You forgot to add he must go " Wibble " at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I have spoken to Skytrex about resin wings for the Gotha and they said that is the way they are thinking as well. Any more good ideas and I will pass them on.
    Rob.
    As at Christmas 2010 they are still supplying metal wings - hopefully the resin version will begin appearing soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Zeppelin Model!!!
    By LazyEyedPsycho in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 09:32
  2. Skytrex/Reviresco kits
    By Dutchy in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 15:03
  3. 1/144 WW2 Minicraft kits
    By IRM in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War