Ares Games

Thread: Maneuver deck question Noob alert!

Default Maneuver deck question Noob alert!

Hi folks,
    I'm a new comer and I have a question for those that are making their own planes.
    Since I only have two planes (duel pack right now), what do you do when you need a deck you don't have?
    I built a paper Halberstadt CL II and would like to use it. I've seen posts of two different decks to be used.
    Can I make one? I want to learn how to create stuff for the game, especially until I get more planes.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Greg

Many decks (particularly two-seaters) can be constructed by pulling cards from another deck:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=296

Hi Greg

The only way I have managed to make extra decks is to copy ones I already have. This is for Personal Use Only (copyright rules prevent reproduction of existing, purchasable decks for sale or profit). I scan them into the P.C. then print them out on Photo paper.

Be aware that the Halberstadt you have will also require a 'B' damage deck, consisting of 44 cards carrying lower damage values than your Duel Pack's 'A' deck, to simulate a single, not twin, machine gun.

Your best bet will be to buy the Rules and Accessories Pack - although this will duplicate your 'A' deck, a double deck is useful when flying 4 or more 'A' gunned planes. The pack will provide everything else you need, 'B' 'C' and 'D' decks, and catering for ground targets, Archie fire and all the tokens you could ever want; all you need do is add extra minis whenever you're ready.

Thank you Todd and Tim!
    That is what I thought. Looks like I need to buy some more planes if I want to construct a deck. From the file, it looks like I would need D, I, and J decks to fly this plane.
    Good excuse to buy more planes?
    I do plan to buy the RAP at some point in the future.
    Thanks for the help,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Max Von Below View Post
    From the file, it looks like I would need D, I, and J decks to fly this plane.
    Good excuse to buy more planes?
    Yeah, that's D, I, OR J deck. So, from what's currently easy to find on shelves, you could get a Fokker Dr.1, or an Albatros D.II (or another Halberstadt Cl.II). And I'm not sure there's a bad excuse to buy more planes...

Similar Missions

1. Maneuver Deck Question
    By zenlizard in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 02:48
  2. Noob altitude and peg question...
    By RichJ in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 23:34
  3. General Dumb question from a Shapeways noob - kits or assembled planes?
    By The G Dog in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 06:13
  4. P 38 lighting maneuver deck question
    By Gbear58 in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 01:38
  5. Unofficial Maneuver Deck Question
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 05:16