Ares Games

Thread: New Game Store opened today

Default New Game Store opened today

Despite raging bronchitis, I went over to the opening of a new game store in my area (easy biking distance, actually): Play More Games. They have a fairly large open gaming area, plenty of tables, and are willing to host a wide variety of games: I left my contact info so they can tap me about demo-ing Wings of Glory, in addition to any of the wide variety of board games I own.
    The store itself is in Gaithersburg, 42 Bureau Drive, in the 20878 zip code. Their website is: http://www.playmoregamestore.com/ ; hopefully, I will be able to scare up a few games of WGF. We'll see.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Always great to know of a new game store opening, even if I live too far away, close to 800 miles.
    Hope you will be able to bring some new pilots into the fold.

I see you are about 45 miles from Glen Burnie. Have you ever been to Drop Zone games? That place is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    I see you are about 45 miles from Glen Burnie. Have you ever been to Drop Zone games? That place is incredible.
    Hmmm... Not really near Glen Burnie, but... Drop Zone Games - Nanaimo, BC.

Just 90 mins south of me, and no longer a place for Wings of Glory, unfortunately. Although, there are two LGS (read: in my community) that are now carrying it!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Best wishes for your success in persuading the new games store to support 'Wings of Glory', Sam.

The gamer density around here must be enormous, given the number of game stores in our area.
    My personal favorite is Games and Stuff, also in Glen Burnie.
    Last edited by jbmacek; 07-02-2015 at 05:44.

Ya this one is worth checking out. It's in the old Games Workshop battle bunker so it's massive. The owner is a major table top player and told me that they had to twist his arm to even carry Magic (over a year after they opened). I checked out Games and Stuff and got an idea I may implement in our store so thanks for that!

http://www.dropzone-games.com/

Similar Missions

1. A 1915 Era Game, and More... at The Family Game Store
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2015, 19:33
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 12:53
  3. 12 May '14 at The Family Game Store
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 10:35