Ares Games

Thread: BBC Channel 4 Tonight.

Default BBC Channel 4 Tonight.

22.00hrs. "The Lady who flew Africa" 1920s Aviatrix Lady Heath.
    Followed by:-
    23.00hrs. Timewatch. WW1 Aces Falling. Mick Mannock and James McCudden.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Cheers Rob thats great . Means I can record them without watching Holby City

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Cheers Rob, I'll watch the falling Aces one

Thanks for the heads-up Rob
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Set to record, thanks Rob

Thank you for telling us, Rob. I shall have to try to watch those programmes.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Thank you Sir - only just seen this. Was tutoring so I'll have to find both of these on Catch Up (All 4 is it now?)

Thanks for the Heads Up.

Yes Barney.
    All 4.
    Rob.

Frustratingly I have huge problems getting All 4 to work. Will have to find them another way. One about flying Africa particularly interests as I lived there for 5 years as a boy.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Looks like I will have something to watch on All 4 tonight then - either online or on the normal TV.

This comes as a welcome relief as last Wednesday there were 'Fifty-Seven Channels and Nothing's On' IMHO and to quote the great Bruce Springsteen ... Enough to drive me back onto Microsoft Flight Simulator even with a hard day's tutoring behind me! Glad to know I'll be doing something different this week after a hard day's tutoring. Getting to trade the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 in for some classic aviation.

Thanks Rob - recorder was set, now to find time to watch

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I'm sorry to say that having searched all of All 4 on both my normal television as well as online I could not find either of these programmes. I'm going to wait for a couple of days before searching again just in case Channel 4 have not downloaded them yet.

Hopefully I will get to see both of these programmes eventually. Before February 2015 when my interest in Wings of Glory began I never used to pay much attention to WW1 documentaries: Now I watch them in order to learn more about the origins of WGF as I enjoy playing it as much as I enjoy playing WGS. But any '1903 And All That' type documentaries about the pioneers of aviation have always caught my attention. As without them we would still be charging across the world's oceans and taking weeks instead of just days / hours to do so ...

Sails Anyone?
    Last edited by Tonx; 07-01-2015 at 16:17. Reason: Typo!

Thumbs up

I can really recommend the Aces Falling one.
    I was fortunate to get the DVD via the Aust Society of WW1 Aero Historians & it is extremely well done.
    I am sure you will all enjoy it.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

So you're planning on burning DVDs and sending/selling them to your poor relations over The Pond, right?!

Enjoy!
    All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    I'm sorry to say that having searched all of All 4 on both my normal television as well as online I could not find either of these programmes.
    Neither did I but I did find it by searching 'Timewatch' (had to use whole word) on Sky where it came up on On Demand - seen it before but well worth the second viewing.

"He is wise who watches"

BBC 4, not Channel 4, so perhaps try BBC I-player?

As it was on BBC4 it should be on I player. I thought all 4 was for Channel 4 , the independant channels

I did actually say BBC4 in the title to my original post.
    Rob.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    'BBC Channel 4 Tonight' ... Does mention the BBC but for some reason it is the Channel 4 element of the OP title which stands out. I am not sure what this is called but in aviation the combination of two pertinent facts into one where one registers and the other doesn't has brought down two large aircraft. One ran out of fuel whilst the other flew into terrain after the altimeter was set incorrectly.

Now that explains everything! Can access BBC I-Player online and with an afternoon spare ahead of me I'll now be able to spend it watching these two programmes. Looking forward to it

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Rob.
    Yep you did Rob.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Well now we have direct links to both programmes from this thread ...

Thoughtfully posted as I noticed how I was not the only person who accidentally 'fixated' on the Channel 4 element of the OP title 'BBC Channel 4 Tonight' and tried searching All 4 to no avail.

Have just been watching Timewatch - this programme is excellent. I am saving the other one about The Lady Who Flew Africa up for later to watch with the Wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    ...I am not sure what this is called but in aviation the combination of two pertinent facts into one where one registers and the other doesn't...
    It's called a 'Flamingo Up' .....it's the same as a cock up but muuch bigger !!
    I went with All 4 cos of Rob's confirmation to Barneys query - still, we all got there in the end !

"He is wise who watches"

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    It's called a 'Flamingo Up' .....it's the same as a cock up but muuch bigger !!
    Thank you for that - I have taken note. Was telling the Wife about all this not long ago and she said that the gigantic pig's ear I made of all this is a sign that I don't watch enough television ...

What: Big Brother. The X Factor. Britain's Got Talent (which is often contradictory to this anyway!) ... Oh give me a decent game of Wings of Glory / War over ALL of that diatribe put together!!!
    Last edited by Tonx; 07-02-2015 at 11:38. Reason: Typo!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I went with All 4 cos of Rob's confirmation to Barneys query - still, we all got there in the end !
    That was Barney and myself misunderstanding again.
    I thought when he said all 4s, he was asking me to confirm that both programmes were both on BBC4. I should have reflected on the fact that two programmes hardly constitute all, but there you go.
    I had it in my mind that the first post was crystal clear, when obviously it was not.
    Rob.

So long as the gin is ...!

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. History Channel
    By BobP in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 13:53
  2. Drinks are on me tonight!
    By alpine in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 18:50
  3. Multiplayer: B17's over the Channel