RFC
    Lt Ron Curtis Tripe (Colling)
    Sgt K Hadron Tripe
    Lt P Garnet Pilot DH 4

Eagles
    Herman Lex Alb (MVR)
    Johanne Just Alb
    Alfred Luer Halb

Garnet could see the small village of Talvern ahead of him. The sky looked clear of enemy planes and with Hadron and Curtis covering him he felt confident that he would get in and out alive and with his "package"

Curtis saw them first, Firing off a flare he turned towards Herman Lex who was heading for the 2 seater. Ron saw the flash of the Germans guns as he opened up on it (1)

a second burst and them nothing (0,0+GJ).

Slipping round behind Lex Ron took careful aim (3)

Hadron got close to his opponant firing as he went passed him. (1)

Haldron immelled while Just turned his plane toward the DH4 which was lining up toward the landing point. Luer misjudged the DH4 and lost a chance to take a shot
    Lex ,still on the bombers tail fumbled desperately to unjam his guns , seeing the chance of bringing down the plane slip away from him. Rons bullets pounded into his tail (2+RRJ)

Another burst and Ron could see a wing strut give way before his gun overheated (2+GJ)

Garnet kept the revs low ,just enough to keep the prop turning as the villagers started to turn the plane back into the wind. A figure scurried from an open door , hauling hisself up over the wing and into the observers cockpit. " Merci mon comrade " was all he said.

Lex, his plane beginning to groan and strain due to the damage Ron Curtis had inflicted began to head for safety

With.The passenger safely aboard Garent gunned the engine and the DH lumbered down the rutted country road , the shadow of the waiting Halb passing over it . The mission was not quite over yet

Cranking his Tripe hard right Hadron takes after Just, The tight turning catching the Albatross (2)

while Curtis swings round to cover the climbing DH. only to be confronted by The blue Halb of Luer, guns cleared for action. (`1+fire)
    Ron smells the familiar stench of burning dope and fires (2) ,

Luer twitches his plane and his wheels scrape the Tripes upper wings (1)as they collide

Just siezes a a chance to target the DH with a slow right bank Tracers pound into the RFC plane (5,0) but sharp splinters of wood begin to fly through his cockpit and blood begins to seep through his heavy leather jacket. (3,3+Pilot) Looking round Garnet saw His passenger cowering low in the cockpit."Tirez les guns " he shouted

Turning sharply to prevent the flames taking hold Ron found himself almost of top of Luer so close he could see the pilot jerk as the bullets struck. (0,3+Pilot)

Hadron watched as the yellow fuselage Albatross circle without regard for the RFC planes

Trying to get a shot in he manages to miss his only opportunity (0)Ron on the other hand honed in on his wounded bird watching as a red glow erupted from the engine cowling (0,2+Fire)

Garnet guides his plane over the lines and to safty, leaving the 2 scouts to mop up the 2 wounded Eagle pilots..

Just wincing in pain heads for his lines as does Luer, taking punishment as he goes (1+LRJ)

Just seeing Luer struggling goes after Curtis (1) (1)

But Hadron finally brings the Halb down , smashing the burning planes wires and struts with a long burst (3)

Flying through the smoke Hadron sideslips onto Justs tail (0) but its not enough to bring him down and he escapes the 2 marauding RFC scouts.

Result

Bulldogs
    Lt Ron Curtis Tripe (Colling) RTB
    Sgt K Hadron Tripe RTB 1Kill
    Lt P Garnet Pilot DH 4 RTB avec l'espion

Eagles
    Herman Lex Alb (MVR) RTB bugged out
    Johanne Just Alb RTB/W
    Alfred Luer Halb Sd/F/W

Ouch thats got to hurt the Eagles pride. A couple of wounded pilots and the spy gone. Think maybe they need some more pilots and flying combat practice

Could you dice for the poor boys please Dave. .

Great little game, had to sub a Halb as only got 2 DII at the moment. Same with the RE8 for a DH4 on a K deck. Tactics were in and out don't mess about.
    Last edited by flash; 06-30-2015 at 01:34. Reason: Title adjustment

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

A very neat and clinical operation Paul.
    The photos and commentary told the story very clearly.
    Great work by your chaps.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thumbs up

Excellent work Paul! Well flown Bulldogs.
    The info that Le Spy brought back will be invaluable to both the British & French HQ's.

I would like to give you Rep but I must spread it around first!

First out of the gate this time Paul and you've set the bar high with a successful mission and a kill thrown in for good measure !
    The two German lads were very lucky and not too badly knocked about despite your chaps' best efforts

Johanne Just RTB/W/0 kills: Rolled 6 +3RTB -1 WIA = 8 Bruised - Skip 1 Scenario
    Alfred Luer SD/F/W0 Kills: Rolled 10 -1SD -1WIA = 8 Bruised - Skip 1 Scenario

Having to spread the love too !

"He is wise who watches"

We are all having to spread the love Dave.
    Rob.

Its the Summer of love (38° today)

Johanne Just RTB/W/0 kills: Rolled 6 +3RTB -1 WIA = 8 Bruised - Skip 1 Scenario
    Alfred Luer SD/F/W0 Kills: Rolled 10 -1SD -1WIA = 8 Bruised - Skip 1 Scenario

Ah a least the Eagles will not hold too much of a grudge against our boys. But that smell of roasting bird still lingers in the air. BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Excellent work Paul! Well flown Bulldogs.
    The info that Le Spy brought back will be invaluable to both the British & French HQ's.

I would like to give you Rep but I must spread it around first!
    Thanks guys , your comments are always worth their weight in Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Not quite so hot here Paul.
    32 on our Patio.
    Rob.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Lucky you! Just 15 here today & the next few nights will be down to 0 or -1 with a top of 14 or 15 again.

A balmy 29° in the shade at the patio door yesterday - a scorching 34° out of it - more to come today apparently !
    Last edited by flash; 06-30-2015 at 23:39.

Nice one Paul - and well done the Bulldogs I hope my run through this one goes as well.

Just found I can't give you well deserved Rep until I spread the love a bit

Similar Missions

1. BRF OTT Early Doors mission 14 - 14th February 1917--Retrieve the Spy!
    By gully_raker in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 11:37
  2. AAR AAR OTTTEY Mission 10 3 Bridges (Jeff, Lloyd and Beau)
    By tikkifriend in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 11:11
  3. Solo Mission 4: Luftaufklärungsauftrag (Air reconnaissance Mission).
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 05:12