Ares Games

Thread: Central VA and Charlottesville Pilots?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eduardo
    Sorties Flown

Default Central VA and Charlottesville Pilots?

Hello everyone,

I just moved from Rhode Island to Charlottesville VA and I was wondering if there are any other WoG pilots in the area? Also, is anyone going to Historicon this July? It's my first opportunity to go to a convention, and it would be great to meet some fellow WoG fans there.

Cheers!

Can't say that this will answer your questions Eduardo, but let me be the first member to welcome you from over the pond in Dear old Blighty.
    Fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Eduardo from across The Pond

Reporting for Duty is the best way to find players in your locality - I hope you have some luck. Either that or another suggestion is to get into playing over Skype: There has just been a successful Skype game played which was organised through the Aerodrome so I am sure there will be others in the future ...

Quote Originally Posted by ELorente View Post
    Also, is anyone going to Historicon this July? It's my first opportunity to go to a convention, and it would be great to meet some fellow WoG fans there.
    Welcome Eduardo! I'm running a WoG game called "Mission Accomplished" at Historicon on Friday night, and I believe members BobP and johnsnelling are planning on being there. Look at the thread "Historicon?" for more info. Hope to meet you there!

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome aboard from the W. KY wing.

I will not be at Historicon, but I will run WWII games at Marscon in Williamsburg in January and at Madicon in Harrisonburg (an hour from Charlottesville) in March. richard m schwab will also run WWII games in Williamsburg: Guns of August in, well, August, and Williamsburg Muster in February.

welcome to the drome Eduardo!!!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eduardo
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! As a fan of Robinson's "Piece of Cake", it was impossible not to want to fly for the British!

Bill & David: Thanks for the heads up on the 'cons schedule. I haven't registered for Historicon yet (until I saw your other thread Bill, I wasn't aware of the schedule or registration process), but I'll see if I can attend Friday night - I'll have to work it out with the boss (my wife). The event your proposing sounds great!

Also ... are there any local groups that do meetups? It's a shame to have to wait for the 2 or 3 cons to get together and run some missions
    Last edited by ELorente; 06-29-2015 at 20:14. Reason: Spelling and grammar

Charlottesville gamer here. I sent you PM!

ig

Similar Missions

1. National: Central Kentucky Pilots, Enlist!
    By Gribble in forum US Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-05-2015, 20:03
  2. Your Favourite Central Powers Pilots?
    By gully_raker in forum Polls
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 13:00
  3. To All Central Ohio Pilots (and anyone else interested) - February Events
    By The Cowman in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 01:05
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 19:08