Ares Games

Thread: Compatibility of Airplanes.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gustavo
    Sorties Flown

Default Compatibility of Airplanes.

Hello.
    I am new to this game, and was wondering if "Wings of War" planes would be compatible with "Wings of Glory."
    I bought a B-17 "Memphis Belle" to start my collection, and I love it! This game, plus "Sails of Glory," plus "X-Wing," plus "SW: Armada," outta keep me plenty busy and entertained!
    Thanks,

Gus.

The two are compatible Gus - some of the latest WW2 WoG models have larger movement cards but that is only because they go faster ! Get stuck in, enjoy your gaming and welcome to the 'drome

On behalf of the rest of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, may I echo my Squadron Leaders sentiments and welcome you to the Drome Gus.
    Fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Gustavo,

It is nice seeing you here as well.

There are great solo rules and campaigns available for WWI and WWII. Check them out when you have some time.

Cheers,
    Eric
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Gustavo from across The Pond.

You have definitely made a great start there to your Miniatures collection - even though I actually started off collecting the smaller aircraft I have to admit that 'Memphis Belle' was the one I could not wait to get my hands on!

You will enjoy Wings of Glory WW2 or WGS says me whose a fellow WGS fan - it is an extremely versatile wargame compared with some of the others I have played

Welcome to the 'Drome Gus, from Middlesex in the U.K.

Welcome to the Drome Gus, from Cape Cod.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Gustavo, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Hello Gustavo
    Welcome from the W. KY wing. I'm in Paducah, a little over an hour away from you. We have several others in KY but, they are closer to Lexington.
    I have both WWI and WWII rules and planes.
    The biggest difference between Wings of War and Wings of Glory is the publishers. WoW was published by Nexus and WoG is published by Ares. Nexus decided to get out of the game so the creator , Andrea, went and found another publisher and that is why the name change. Some rules have been added, but the system is still the same. Additional house rules and special rules are discussed here in the House Rules thread. Or if you have a question about anything just go to the General Discussion thread for whichever time period, WWI or WWII, and ask. Answers do come back fairly quickly.
    I do recommend you check out aussietonka's Circuits and Bumps thread, since your first plane is a B-17. It explains some things based on his experience with his minis.
    I currently have over 80 WWI miniatures and over 50 WWII miniatures. This includes 2 B-17 and 2 B-25, along with 4 Stuka and 3 Val's.
    If you are free some Saturday I can try to drive to your place and we can fly a few missions.
    Keep in touch.
    Safe flying and may your wheels always be the first thing on the ground.
    Dale

Hi Gus, welcome from England
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Glen2112

Welcome to the "Drome" Gus, from the state just North.

Welcome Gustavo, from Bristol UK

welcome to the drome Gustavo!!!!! nice choice for a 1st aircraft!!!!

And welcome from Canada too ... you're more northern, somewhat cooler in temperature but not in spirit and friendship, neighbour.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Have fun as you stumble through the myriad threads on the Forum, Gus - there's so much to see and learn here!

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. sports car of first war airplanes
    By bmwrider in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 17:00
  2. Cliff-Diving Wth Airplanes
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 12:59
  3. Lego my airplanes!