Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emily and Mavis Cards

I couldn't find any indication that the model 4 dorsal gun was in a different location than the model 5 turret, which is manual, BTW, nor armed differently, which makes me wonder why bother.
    I did find that diagram, which was very helpful.
    Gunnery arcs can be open to interpretation. I usually start with ADCs from the games from the Fighting Wings line, or their semi-official ones from Uncle Ted's now dark site. (fortunately, I saved them all )
    There's a lot of looseness in the official arcs; with fixed forward guns, you have a pretty wide forward arc, and can get a hit if you can get to any part of the base/card.
    That's a lot of target access actual pilots didn't have. Same for the flexible, defensive guns; no deflection rules, and they can hit anywhere in their fields of fire, phase to phase.
    I tend to be a bit more conservative with my gun arcs, some official diagrams show gunners shooting in directions I think they'd need to be leaning out of their cockpits to achieve.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Totally agree with your view on the overly generous gunnery arcs, I prefer a more conservative approach. But then I'm also one who likes flying the more challenging early war planes too. I prefer trying to do my best with what was available in the early part of both wars. I like a challenge. I also prefer underdog scenarios too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 15:51
  2. Pour me an Emily please . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 10:14
  3. Pour me a Mavis . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 23:51