Ares Games

Thread: Brambo

Default Brambo

Ladies and a Gentleman, I have recently found out that one of our fellow flyers has been quite ill and not been as active, not only as he would like but as much as he has been since joining us.
    Trev ( Brambo) has been a respected and enthusiastic member not only of the UK wing but the forum as a whole.
    He has told me that although his illness has been, in his words "nearly fixed", he still has a lot of recovery to go before back to his normal self.
    I hope that you will join me in wishing Trev a very speedy recovery and hope that he wil be once again back in the skies with us and we once again have his company at the various UK shows.

Trev all the best mate and I hope to see you again soon at the table.

Trev, you're an inspirational character on the forum and I'd like to wish you a speedy recovery.

So sorry to hear that you have been unwell Trev.
    Here is to a speedy recovery, and your getting back into the cockpit asap.
    All my best wishes old chap.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Glad to hear he's on the mend at least. Take it steady mate.

Sorry to hear you've been ill, Trev, but here's to a complete recovery.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Sorry to hear you've been ill, Trev, but here's to a complete recovery.
    Karl
    Speedy recovery

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Sorry to hear of your illness Trev, here's to a speedy recovery

send him my wishes for his speedy convalescence!!!!!

Get well quickly, Trev!

Hope to see you at a show again whenever you're ready.

I am sorry to hear that you are ill, Trev. Here's hoping that you will be 'back in the air' soon.

Trev,
    Lots of positive vibes and best wishes coming your way! Hope to see you posting lots, soon!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Smile

Yes I have missed Trev's presence here & can only add to everyone else's comments. "GET WELL" real soon Trev, we need you back in the Skies!

Get well soon Trev. Need my wingman back.

Clear Skies and safe landings.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Hi Trev, sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will be firing on all cylinders very soon.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

All the best Trev and get well soon.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Sorry to hear you've been ill Trev - here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Look forward to seeing one of our top guns back over the trenches and sooner rather than later - get well Trev !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Chap.

Hi Guys, sorry I have not been on for quite awhile but I've had one or two health problems. One of them stopped me breathing for about 30-40secs every time I coughed, I think its known as Voicebox Dysfunction, came as quite a shock but thanks to some great doctors we have just about solved that one. The other is the one that prevents me gaming, torn ligaments in my shoulders. I have very limited use of my arms and can only move them a very short distance in front of me. I'm glad I have an automatic car so I can still drive short distances. At the moment I'm having Physio every two weeks and the surgeon is going to make a decision in Aug as what to do next as the physio doesn't seem to be working but he needs me to keep trying until then.

I'm sure we will get there in the end, as far as I'm concerned there are a lot of people a lot worse off than me, and I'm lucky to have such good friends from all over the globe. Thanks for your kind messages and support.

Take care and watch your six

Trev

Great to hear from you Trev!

Get well soon, if only so that I can exact revenge for you pushing me into WGS!

Sorry to hear about your troubles Trev. Do what you gotta do to get back to 100%.

I am very relieved to hear from you Trev.
    That is some good news at least this week. I know there is still a long way to go, but you are at least on the road. It is incredible what the Medics can do these days. Keep your pecker up and if there is anything we can do to help just sing out.
    All my best for a quicker recovery than you anticipate.
    Rob.

Good on ya Brambo; glad that you're in good enough shape to speak for yourself. Must be on the mend; my prayers for a continued recovery.
    Geeeeez ... 30-40 seconds without being able to breath ... I'd have been calling the padre in the off-times. Very brave; ditto Rob's "Pecker up".

Good to hear from you Trev - hopefully you'll be fully fighting-fit in short order (I know from experience that physioterrorists can work wonders, so maybe you'll see improvements before the August deadline)

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery Trev - hope to see you back on here soon

Ok, now how to solve you're gaming problems.....um.
    1. Don't fly an aircraft with wing mounted guns ( remember you can't raise your arms above your head!)
    2. Joystick between legs means you don't have to raise your arms either.
    3. Getting in and out of aircraft will be hard..however follow these steps and you'll be fine:
    ...a. Get some help getting into the aircraft.
    ...b. Once in don't get out.
    ...c. Get the mechanics to bring you a pillow and sleep in the plane.
    ...d. Get the mechanics to bring you food and the odd G&T.
    ...e. As for ablutions, easy. Cut a hole in your flying coat and trousers, your long johns have the flap at the rear, make sure this is unflapped. Get the mechanics to fit up a small funnel under seat (another hole there too) tube leads out of plane and bobs your uncle.

No excuse to miss any patrol now and we can always rig an awning over the plane in bad weather too.

Happy flying, clear skies and safe landings, your wingman Skaffer's.

Sorry to hear you've not been well, I have always found you to be a perfect gentleman and a good laugh to boot. Hope you back to full working order sooner rather than later - need you in tip top shape for Doncaster Trev.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    1. Don't fly an aircraft with wing mounted guns ( remember you can't raise your arms above your head!)
    3. Getting in and out of aircraft will be hard..however follow these steps and you'll be fine:
    ...e. As for ablutions, easy. Cut a hole in your flying coat and trousers, your long johns have the flap at the rear, make sure this is unflapped. Get the mechanics to fit up a small funnel under seat (another hole there too) tube leads out of plane and bobs your uncle.

No excuse to miss any patrol now and we can always rig an awning over the plane in bad weather too.

Neil,

Thank you, I had to take another pain killer after a bout of uncontrolable laughing. What would we do without your wit and lovable humour, cheers mate.

Trev

That's Neil for you Trev. Always comes up with a practical answer for everything.
    Rob.

Listen to the man ,he's a doctor. Of what I am unsure

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I'd make a crap doctor.

I'd make a crap doctor.
    Even if we supplied all the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Even if we supplied all the parts?

Rob.

Thumbs up

I'd make a crap doctor.
    You fixed that part Neil with the hole in the floor & the funnel.

It was good to hear from you, Trev, and I am glad that you still have your sense of humour. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Similar Missions

1. AAR Before there were Fighters (Brambo)
    By Brambo in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 10:10
  2. Norway Zerstörergeschwader 76 (Brambo)
    By Brambo in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 08:46
  3. BOB 25 Squadron Beaufighters (Brambo)
    By Brambo in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 12:42
  4. After Action Report medal to be awarded to Brambo
    By diceslinger in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 21:17
  5. Please raise a glass to Brambo
    By 7eat51 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 04:00