Ares Games

Thread: Western Colorado Fighter Group

Default Western Colorado Fighter Group

Hello everyone. I own a game store in Grand Junction Colorado and have been aware of this game for some time, and been interested, but have never purchased it or carried it in store. This all changed when we attended one of our distributors conventions (ACD) a few months ago. As soon as I saw the models I had to have all of them! In fact I left Madison with a nice pile of winged happiness.

I have a degree in history, so I get a bit giddy when finding a game that uses such exquisite models made by a company that takes historical accuracy seriously.

With a few models on display, the fever has officially begun to spread in our store. Hopefully after Origins we will see a solid restock at the distribution level and I can get this going strong

That's great to hear Sean. Welcome aboard.

Greeting from the Buckeye state! Welcome to the Drome!

Thumbs up

G'day Sean & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    Really great to hear of another Games Store to promote Wings!

Quite a few of us here are driven by the Historical side of things & the game lets us enjoy a relationship with those early aces & airmen.

I will look forward to hearing of your progress.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Sean, from over here near Norwich in the U.K.. It is good that you will be able to encourage the game in your store.

Hmmm... You are pretty close to the Wings of Glory "Center of the Universe", Colorado Springs. Home of the Wings of Glory Aerodrome Forum, and Aerodrome Accessories! You lucky dog, you.

Is it really a Four hour drive between Grand Junction and Colorado Springs? Darn! Well, still Much closer than I am.

Welcome from the wilds of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome to the 'Drome, Sean, from Middlesex in the U.K.

Great to hear that you're promoting the game - wishing you all the best in your efforts!

Hi Sean and welcome to the game and the site. Do you ever make it to one of the Con in Denver? In years past I've ran Wings games at both the spring and fall conventions. I've not done it for a while, but was thinking about hosting them again. Too bad G.J. is such a long drive from C.S.

On behalf of the U.K. Wing of the Aerodrome and the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Sean. Anyone helping to spread the word is more than welcome here. I hope your endevour goes on from strength to strength.
    Fly safe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Sean, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Hmmm... You are pretty close to the Wings of Glory "Center of the Universe", Colorado Springs. Home of the Wings of Glory Aerodrome Forum, and Aerodrome Accessories! You lucky dog, you.

Is it really a Four hour drive between Grand Junction and Colorado Springs? Darn! Well, still Much closer than I am.

Welcome from the wilds of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
    I had no idea this site was based in Colorado Springs. That is pretty cool! Like you said, it is about a 4.5 hour drive though...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Hi Sean and welcome to the game and the site. Do you ever make it to one of the Con in Denver? In years past I've ran Wings games at both the spring and fall conventions. I've not done it for a while, but was thinking about hosting them again. Too bad G.J. is such a long drive from C.S.
    Keith,
    Let me know if you decide to do it again. Sounds like a good time!

Welcome to the Aerodrome from Texas

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Sean.

welcome to the drome sean!!!!!! im envious, i went to the ACD convention last year and, other than stock sitting in their warehouse, no wings of glory

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome from W. KY. Enjoy the "addiction". :-)

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    welcome to the drome sean!!!!!! im envious, i went to the ACD convention last year and, other than stock sitting in their warehouse, no wings of glory
    Philip, they didn't play this year either I just got my hands on one for the first time in the warehouse and it was over for me at that point!

Hi Sean - welcome to the 'drome from here in the UK

Similar Missions

1. Colorado: Players in Colorado?
    By TheKestrel in forum US Wing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 00:07
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 21:12
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 14:09
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 14:22