Ares Games

Thread: The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 12 – Opening Stages

Default The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 12 – Opening Stages

July 11, 1940

After Dunkirk we've had less than a month to build up the battered and dwindled squadrons that fought in France. Under the guidance of Squadron Leader Kyte we've made several flights getting acquainted with the Spitfires. But it wasn't enough. The pilots that became Green Section arrived three days ago. And now the Germans were again on the move. Sinking ships and probing our defenses. And once again, we weren't ready. But this time, we had at least a few miles of water between us and them. This was the fourth place where I was going to fight them... And still... I feared their resolve...

"Joachim! Twelve high! Three or four of them!" "I see them, Blue Two." "Will they fight or will they escape like the last two times?" " They're probing us. Let's get closer." "Sure, Section Leader. I have a question?" "Go ahead." "Why is it that you are the one to have a Polish flag in your plane if I am the Pole and not you?" "Because I was the first to get into the squadron." "That doesn't make any sense..." "It does." "Joachim... If we lose again here, where do we go?" "We can't lose here, Andrzej... But if we do... Soviet Union... United States... I don't know..." "And of what nationality will you be there?" "An Englishman, of course!"

"Turn right. I'll turn left!" "We do this maneuver every time. Shouldn't we make something different for a change?" "It works." "It works for you. They always turn against me." "You always say that, Andrzej, and they always attack me first." "I know. Saying this gives me luck."

"They're three. And I think they want to engage." "Let's see how these birds really fly." "Careful Andrzej, it's our first combat in a Spitfire." "This is the best plane I've ever piloted so let's see what it does."

"I bet with you that they'll come first for me." "Done! A bottle of Gin."

"I think you've already lost that bottle..." "Maybe, Joachim... Double or nothing! The one that takes more one-oh-nines wins another bottle!" "Done."

"They're coming straight at me, Andrzej... I'll need a little help." "Ah!! You lucky Portuguese. You're going to get both the bottles..."

"This is going to be a close one..."

"Hold on, Joachim!"

"Outch! These cannons are terrible at close range. I was hit."

"And again! In the engine! Now let's see how you take eight parallel gifts!"

"You're a poet, Joachim... Eight parallel gifts... Pff..." "I think that I wounded him... I'm going to reverse!" "Now that's poetry!"

"I can't see well. Bloody smoke! One of them is going to reverse!" "I'll take care of that one, Joachim!"

"I've hit again... I think... Can't see well through the smoke."

"I've hit their leader!" "It was about time!" "I was giving you a head start, Joachim."

"You've hit him in the engine. It's leaking and smoking."

"A solid hit! The bottle is mine, my friend!" "It's not over yet!"

"This one's gone! First one is for me!" "You'll do anything for a bottle of Gin, Andrzej! Good shot!"

"Have you seen the parachute?" "No." "Lord! It was burning like a meteor..."

"This smoke doesn't stop." "Don't worry, I'll cover your retreat." "Retreat?! Who's retreating?!"

"I've hit another one!" "That one was mine!" "Really?! And I thinking all along that it belonged to the Germans..."

"And another one! The bottle is mine!" "Two in a row! You're amazing Andrzej!"

"Thanks my friend!" "Andrzej?..."

"Yes?" "So. You owe me a bottle of Gin, I owe you a bottle of Gin... We're even."

"What?! No! You can recognize that being attacked first and shooting down two one-oh-nines in a row are two completely different things!"

"They are indeed! We can't get that one. Let him go." "So, you're going to pay me a bottle of Gin?"

"I will! I've bet with Kyte two bottles of Gin and I've won." "What did you bet?" "That you would shot down an enemy plane in your first combat sortie."

1. I'm using the Universal Diceless Solo WW2 Chart.
    2. Pilot Officer Joachim Franciszek is an ace with 14 kills and 2 shared kills (2 kills and 2 shared kills official) and the following 2 Ace abilities: Acrobatic pilot and Perfect Aim.
    3. Pilot Officer Andrzej (ace) 10 kills (3 Officials) (two during this scenario) and the following 2 Ace abilities: Always coming back home and Perfect Aim
    Last edited by Blackronin; 05-09-2016 at 13:06.

A bottle of gin per plane. Cheap at twice the price chaps.
    Well done both of you. Now go out and bag some more.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    A bottle of gin per plane. Cheap at twice the price chaps.
    Well done both of you. Now go out and bag some more.
    Kyte.
    Yes, Sir! Thank you, Sir!

Thumbs up

Great to see you back in the skies over England 'Quim!
    You have been on leave for far too long.
    Great result for your two chaps.

Thanks, Baz. You're too kind. And thanks for the REP.

Jolly good show chaps

Thanks, Gary. You're too kind.

Similar Missions

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 10 - Upper Hand
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 23:26
  2. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 9 - Last Stand
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 07:45
  3. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 5 – September Blood
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 03:29
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 10:16
  5. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 1 - A Target in Dunkirk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 04:02