Ares Games

Thread: Pour me a Me 109T please?

Default Pour me a Me 109T please?

By popular demand! The wing . . .

The victims, harmless 109E's with fattened spinners and wing tip extensions . . .

Must rest, sleep, dream of filing and filling . . . to the night sky . . .

Now where did I put those German Carrier plans? Oh yeah,

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Interesting to note that the proposed superstructure of the Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier (which was never put into service) resembles that of the pocket battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau ...

Found my Revell kit @ 1/720 scale, comes with 6 Me 109T's and 6 Ju 87 Stukas! Yikes, another thread is looming!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Interesting to note that the proposed superstructure of the Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier (which was never put into service) resembles that of the pocket battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau ...
    It's closer to the Heavy Cruiser "Prinz Eugen" superstructure - less bulky than the Battlecruisers "Scharnhorst" and "Gneisenau". This is not surprising, since the "Graf Zeppelin" was a converted "Hipper" class hull, and thus a kind of half-sister to "Prinz Eugen".

The Pocket Battleships "Admiral Graf Spee", "Deutschland" (later renamed "Lutzow") and "Admiral Scheer" had a smaller, narrower 'tower' superstructure, without as many walkways and observation platforms.

Interesting how the 4.1 inch AA arrangement, in super-firing pairs, matches that of the 5 inch guns fitted to "USS Saratoga" and the "Essex" class carriers.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    It's closer to the Heavy Cruiser "Prinz Eugen" superstructure - less bulky than the Battlecruisers "Scharnhorst" and "Gneisenau". This is not surprising, since the "Graf Zeppelin" was a converted "Hipper" class hull, and thus a kind of half-sister to "Prinz Eugen".
    Having now had a look at images and plans of all of these ships (mostly using Wikipedia) I agree with you. I originally had the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau confused with the Hipper class Heavy Cruisers: not any more - thank you for that

Watching with interest.......
    Karl'
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

So I am looking at the German carrier and it presents no new surprises to build, but the aircraft are kinda sketchy. I will be pouring the 109T for sure but the Stukas are plentiful. It appears the Fiesler 167 was planned as well and the Shapeways one is great. So what else?

Dear Dave, if you PM me your email I can send you something that will definitely help you.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    So I am looking at the German carrier and it presents no new surprises to build, but the aircraft are kinda sketchy. I will be pouring the 109T for sure but the Stukas are plentiful. It appears the Fiesler 167 was planned as well and the Shapeways one is great. So what else?
    I really don't think anything else was planned, in so far as planning was done. The Luftwaffe and Kreigsmaine weren't really cooperating well (if at all) with carrier aviation.
    The only other possible plane would have been the Fw-190, but I don't know if it's landing space would have worked. In any case, by late '42, any German carrier would have been toast out of port.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

A few of these showed up after the elves went to bed . . .

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    A few of these showed up after the elves went to bed . . .

Hmmm......So David; any spares there?
    Karl

Clipper-tastic!

Graf Zeppelin vs HMS Glorious moves one step closer............................

Similar Missions

1. Pour me a V-2 or 2!
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 12:41
  2. Pour me a B-17C please . . .
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-22-2015, 17:41
  3. Pour me a YB-40 or two!
    Replies: 13