Ares Games

Thread: Lega's Twin-gunned Hanriot HD-1

Default Lega's Twin-gunned Hanriot HD-1

Here's my attempt at Giulio Lega's two machine gun Hanriot:

Credits
    Model: Ares
    Decals (roundels): Dom's Decals
    Decals (others): self-printed

I hope you like it. The fusealge roundel is supposed to be squished up against the numbers, but Ares saw fit to add a random panel line (which didn't really come out in the pictures) well aft of the cockpit. I don't see any evidence of that in pictures, but wasn't inclined to fidle with filling it in. So I decided that it would be beter to move the roundels back than to give them a funny crease. Now that I've got Leag, Fuccini, Scaroni, & Barrachini I believe I'm done with A-firing Hanriots, unless someone can point me to another plane that was known to have the modification...
    Last edited by Pseudotheist; 06-16-2015 at 15:01.

I have always liked the Hanriot HD-1. It is my craft of choice with its great specs and appearance! Well done. One of these days I am going to get a game going . . . .

You've made a great job of that - well done!

Thumbs up

Great work Todd! That looks just spiffing.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    I have always liked the Hanriot HD-1. It is my craft of choice with its great specs and appearance! Well done. One of these days I am going to get a game going . . . .
    Same here -- and one of these days, I'll send down the HD-1 minis I have to be done up in "alternate history" USNAF colors.

A very nice rendering Todd.
    I can see that I will have to put in a bit more time with my Italian Flight.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

A very pretty plane, Todd. I really like the colors - in fact, the Italians have some quite interesting color schemes! Like Rob, I probably need to tend to some SPAD and HD repaints for the southern theater...

All the best,
    Matt

Nice plane Todd
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

That is a beauty; very good work.
    Me too for more Italian and A-H aircraft; I've got 6x Hanriots and 4x Albatros D.III Oeffags but no SPADs or other A-Hs ... yet. Slowly but surely.

Great model Todd - two machine guns is just so much more aesthetically pleasing as well

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

LOOP

Yes a very nice looking bird!

I to like the HD 1. It is a very nimble little AC yet so effective.
    I've come to appreciate F-deck more and more.

Stunning work there Todd!

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Same here -- and one of these days, I'll send down the HD-1 minis I have to be done up in "alternate history" USNAF colors.
    Any thoughts on how they'd look?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Any thoughts on how they'd look?
    Karl
    See my avatar -- overall light grey, "roundel" national insignia.

In addition: Black stripes on wings (connecting the insignia) and around the fuselage just ahead of the tail, number indicating relative ranking in squadron (ordinary pilots: One stripe, wing stripe down centerline of insignia; flight leaders: Two stripes, wing stripes at top and bottom of insignia; squadron commander: Three stripes, wings stripes at top, center, and bottom of insignia). Acft ID ([squadron type letter]-[squadron number]-[individual acft. number in sqdn]) on sides of fuselage just under cockpit; national insignia on fuselage between ID and stripes.

A squadron is 12 airplanes. Numbering [brackets indicating number of stripes] is:

1: Sqdn. commander [3]. 2: Sqdn. cmdr.'s wingman [1]. 3: 1st Flight 2nd element Lead [2]. 4: 1st Flight 2nd element wing [1].
    5: 2nd Flight commander [2]. 6: 2nd Flt. cmdr.'s wingman [1]. 7: 2nd Flight 2nd element Lead [2]. 8: 2nd Flight 2nd element wing [1].
    9: 3rd Flight commander [2]. 10: 3rd Flt. cmdr.'s wingman [1]. 11: 3rd Flight 2nd element Lead [2]. 12: 3rd Flight 2nd element wing [1].

So, for example: "F-4-7" indicates unit #7, 4th Fighter Squadron; and would have two stripes on wings and fuselage.

Similar Missions

1. General Nieuport 17, twin machine guns?
    By Teaticket in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 09:18
  2. Up-gunned Bristol F2
    By Biggles downunder in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 06:43
  3. Zvezda 1/200 'Art of Tactic' Twin-Engine kits
    By Baldrick62 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 15:27
  4. FE2B crewed and gunned