Ares Games

Thread: Any Newcastle flyers?

Highace10

Default Any Newcastle flyers?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering of there are any Newcastle flyers around? Im just starting out in the game and i was hoping to find someone to play with.

Ive got the Mrs semi interested in playing with me but that might not last.

Thanks

Alex

Welcome to the 'Drome, Alex, from Middlesex in the U.K.

Bit far away for a game, but I'm sure some more Aussies will pipe up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Highace10 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering of there are any Newcastle flyers around? Im just starting out in the game and i was hoping to find someone to play with.

Thanks

Alex
    Good luck finding some opposition - in the meantime, let the good lady win a few times, have always found they like that, lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Highace10

Let her win hmmm i never thought of that

Thanks for the welcome. If i don't find other players, there is always the solo rules to figure out. Either way it looks like a lot of fun.

Pity it was Newcastle down under and not over here. Hope you find some players in your area. If not you could always join one of the solo campaigns.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Highace10 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thanks

Alex
    See you on the Dark Side......

Good luck in your search. You have a very good model/hobby shop in Newcastle. Why not see if the proprietor will let you put up a flyer on his window. Anything that generates interest has to be good for his business as it might increase his customer base.

Baxter

Highace10

Would that be Frontline Hobbies? Im on first name basis with most of the guys that work there, mainly due to the fact that ive spent a small fortune in the shop lol Might even worth asking if they can stock some WoG stuff.

Thumbs up

G'day Alex & welcome to the Forum & the Game!
    Sorry I do not know of any players in the Newcastle area but Baxter's idea of canvassing through your local games store if the right way to go. Not sure how many aircraft you have but a small display in the games shop could bring some interest.

Re getting your wife interested. One way is getting her a "pretty" aircraft like Rudolph Stark's mauve Fokker D.VII of Elwood's Camel with the Hearts on the Wings.

Any thought of coming to Wintercon in Canberra on 18th & 19th July?
    Baxter & I both intend to be there & Zoe Brain is running demo games for WW1.

Highace10

I enticed the mrs yesterday by saying she can pick her own aircraft which seemed go down well.

Winter con could be a possibility. Ill be in Wagga hopefully for 2 weeks either side of that weekend so i should be able to make it. Being the in RAAF i only seem to get on courses in the middle of winter :-( If I'm in range ill definitely pop in and have a look!

Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Alex, from here in Norfolk U.K.. I hope that you will soon find some more local opponents.

Another option although I have never tried it might be skype games. I was also thinking it should be theoretically possible to do email games too providing players had the same grid mat. I am lucky enough to have intermittent games with the Southern Gamers group in my city plus regular stoushes with my pal Wayne Starrick aka Biggles Downunder who incidentally may be related to Rudolph Starck with that fancy pink Fokker DVII

Just out of curiosity, is no one in your RAAF crowd interested in the game?

Highace10

Worth a look...

I havent put the call out yet at work..on the to do list for sure.

Highace10

Well, starter pack and 4 aircraft ordered. Hopefully they won't take too long to get here.

Time to figure out the solo rules and cards.

Similar Missions

1. National: Kentucky flyers
    By Setarius in forum US Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:36
  2. WGSB: The Last Torpedo Flyers
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 12:28
  3. To all the Texas flyers
    By carnold1836 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0