Ares Games

Thread: Monday night mayhem

Default Monday night mayhem

Last night we had two additions to our playing circle. The intrepid Doug, and the gimlet eyed ferocious Mark. Mark and Biggles downunder played huns as you might expect in our first battle which was 2 vs 2 fighters. Mark became the Red Baron in his triplane ad Biggles played his favourite, Rudolph Stark in his D7. Doug flew the Snipe and I was flying a nieuport we were both Russian.

Meeting in the middle of our maps we exchanged fire and I found myself with Stark on my 6. So much so that he collided with me twice! First C card was a 10, and the second one a 6 which put paid to my game. Revenge was swift though with Doug shooting Stark down in quick order. However that Red Baron ......... quick as a flash and twice as bold whipped around Doug and sent him spinning into the ground to join me. First game to the Germans.

Our second battle featured a 2 seater with one protecting fighter per side. With our chaps, Doug flew a DH4 and I flew my favourite Spad XIII. We were up against a Halberstadt and one of those new fangled Fokker monoplanes. With one target at each end of the map, both 2 seaters had to fly straight over the target and take some photos and get safely home to win. After a brief battle in the middle, Doug skilfully accomplished his photo shoot and headed home. I got a few hits into both Huns and took a few back but in the end we got back first and won the day. No kills but celebrations in the mess for a job well done

Hopefully our new friends enjoyed their first outing into the skies and will return for more missions in the future.

Baxter

Thumbs up

Well done Gary!
    Nice to see you spreading the WoG word & getting more players involved.

Always good to see the chaps getting together.
    It was one of our original ideas when we set up the Flights.
    Some have been more successful than others.
    Thanks for your efforts Gary.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Great to hear of new pilots being 'blooded'!
    Well done Gary.

Thanks Tim. I do not know about being blooded but Doug is proving to be a supreme strategist. Last Monday we did a replay of Nightbombers 2D/3D Zeppelin mission with me flying the B/B Bristol with incendiaries in the front gun, and Doug flying the one with one White wing. I headed down the the left side of the Zep carefully avoiding the DVII that side and started hitting the Zep on the tail and Doug hit him from the middle on the other side. Having reached the tail I did an Immelmen amnd headed back along the beasts length thinking that if I just cruised up and down beside the behemoth then hitting him with indendiary bullets from my front gun and double B's from the rear would soon pile up his damage points. With a DVII on my tail and taking hits from the gunners on board the Zep I ended up being the first to die. None of my 9 damage cards were zero ones! Doug meanwhile had hit the Zep hard before I even opened fire and crossed over the beast, did some clever manoevering to throw the DVII's off before returning back to fire into the Zep. Before succumbing to the return fire he managed to inflict 61 damage points on the gas bag before joining me in death. Our fantastic game lasted 8 rounds. I love that Zep printout. Even though you know it is a flat print on A4 it just looks 3D with the amazing paint job.

Similar Missions

1. Cyber Monday shopping suggestion
    By Ragnar200 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 11:48
  2. Multiplayer: Another Monday night of mayhem on the sea
    By Biggles downunder in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 00:47
  3. Monday knights
    By Biggles downunder in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5