Ares Games

Thread: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Interrogative Over

Default Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Interrogative Over

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...y-protectorate

"The scene is not a costume drama but the first episode of a new Czech TV reality show that features a modern-day family living among actors who play Nazi soldiers and the hamlet’s other residents, in an attempt to recreate life under the Nazis during the second world war."

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54270652.jpg
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/53236947.jpg

This doesn't sound so bizarre to me. It reminds me of "1940s House", which was a "reality" show (are any of those show really reality, anyway) I saw on PBS where a family roleplayed a family in London (I think) in 1940. They lived on rations, tried gardening, and interacted with actors in different roles. It was interesting television.

I have to admit I did watch an episode of Survivor because they were in Thailand. I was stationed there in the 70's so wanted to see what they had them do. Otherwise those shows don't interest me. Rather watch a baseball/football game, watch a good movie or play a Wings game.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I have to admit I did watch an episode of Survivor because they were in Thailand. I was stationed there in the 70's so wanted to see what they had them do. Otherwise those shows don't interest me. Rather watch a baseball/football game, watch a good movie or play a Wings game.
    I'm with you on that, Bob. Sports are the best "reality show". I am soccer guy, myself -- Vamos DC United!

well, alrighty then.......

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I quite like 'reality' shows where people from the present day are sent back in time to live (or rather see if they can successfully survive) life in a bygone era. The '1940s House' is a classic example of this as is the UK Channel 4 Series 'Spitfire Ace' which I noticed is available on Youtube.

'Spitfire Ace' does feature a jaw-dropper from Brendan O'Brien when he is training the four recruits on the Tiger Moth bi-plane at Headcorn ... 'Make love to the sky, Do not shag it!' O'Brien gleefully exclaims mid-loop

BUT: Having said that give me a decent Glory / Wings of War Session over watching the TV any day too

Similar Missions

1. Site: And the Two to Tango winner is....
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 00:43
  2. Two to Tango voting.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 03:28
  3. Two to tango repaint contest
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 02:05