Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns Of August 2015

See you on Friday. Should get there in the afternoon (1400). Looking forward to see all that will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Stuart

It will be great seeing both of you! I am glad to hear she is doing better. Tell her i said stay out of the hotel bar! There is a micro brewery near the hotel, called the AleWerks Brewing Company. A favorite of flyers on both sides of the pond! My favorite is the Washington Porter!
    Should i warn everyone about Nemesis, or should they learn hard way!

Rich

http://alewerks.com/
    Is it within staggering distance?

Change of plan: the Nemesis insists we need to be there Friday so I've got the room booked for the extra night. My friend **** and his lovely (but dangerous) daughter Kristine will be coming up to join us on Saturday.

Bob unfortunately my game will be ending at that time. We will get together and play another WW1 game?

John

I just saw your game time on the updated events list! I might make it? Here is the latest events list.

Rich

http://hamptonroadsgamers.org/files/GOA_2015_PEL.pdf

Thumbs up

Stuart

See both of you Friday! Does Kristine share the Nemesis approach when dealing her air opponents?

Rich

Alas, I cannot get down to Williamsburg this time. Y'all have a good time. Keep flying.

Stuart

See both of you Friday! Does Kristine share the Nemesis approach when dealing her air opponents?

Rich
    You mean completely merciless? Absolutely! She had a good teacher....

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    Bob unfortunately my game will be ending at that time. We will get together and play another WW1 game?
    John
    I just saw your game time on the updated events list! I might make it? Here is the latest events list.
    Rich
    http://hamptonroadsgamers.org/files/GOA_2015_PEL.pdf
    Wow I'm going to be a busy boy this weekend! Leave home Friday at 0-dark-30 to make it to Williamsburg for some pad thai at 11 am, Bagging the Baron with John at noon, Ironclads with him at 3 pm, then my first venture over to the dark side with Richard's WGS Air War over Russia '42 at 6pm.

Not sure I'll be able to answer the bell at 8 am Saturday for the second part of Richard's WGS game. Really looking forward to running my Adriatic Aces WGF scenario Saturday at 2 pm (unfortunately that means I'll have to miss four other interesting games running concurrently: Suvla Bay, Vikings, chariot racing and Little Big Horn - drat!).

Oh no, John - I see you're scheduled to run your Ironclads again Saturday at 3 pm - double drat! I was really looking forward to having you in the Adriatic Aces game - maybe you could fly for the first hour or so? Or should I see about changing my Adriatic Aces game to Saturday evening?

Otherwise looking to finish off Saturday with the Lake Tanganyika game at 7 pm, then I'd like to sell some stuff at the flea market Sunday morning. Planning to top it all off with lunch in Richmond with my daughter Laura and her boyfriend on Sunday before heading home. Can't wait!

Thumbs up

Bill

It is great line up of games. The 8am start on Saturday brings out the real gamers , at least the early risers! Then there is a nap before your game!

Rich

It is great line up of games.
    Understatement of understatements! Makes me wish Williamsburg was dramatically closer to Hartford.

Have a great time... we'll want AARs!

Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Really looking forward to running my Adriatic Aces WGF scenario Saturday at 2 pm (unfortunately that means I'll have to miss four other interesting games running concurrently: Suvla Bay, Vikings, chariot racing and Little Big Horn - drat!).

Oh no, John - I see you're scheduled to run your Ironclads again Saturday at 3 pm - double drat! I was really looking forward to having you in the Adriatic Aces game - maybe you could fly for the first hour or so? Or should I see about changing my Adriatic Aces game to Saturday evening?
    Okay it looks like I can move my Adriatic Aces game to 7 pm Saturday. Hopefully that will make it more accessible (and balance the schedule some - they really have only a handful of games scheduled for Saturday evening).

Bill

Your game at 2pm should be fine unless there is something you want to play. Saturday nights lineup is slim. I have done Saturday night games but they do not draw a lot of players.

Rich

Have arrived safe and sound. Let`s play some games!

Rich

Will be missing you by a day. Will probably get there by 4 PM on Sunday.

Chris

That is to bad! Next time!

Rich

John`s Bag the Baron game was fun. I got bagged by the Baron, but i knocked him about a bit for his pains! Bill shot down his wing man and Mike got the last shot in! That was followed by a points match John was trying out. John and i lost that one after a he went down in flames and was a smoking wreck! Photos later!

Rich

Smile

Last night we had a great game. Introduced Stuart and Bill to WW2 flying. This morning saw a good turnout for a 8am game followed by a second game which lasted two hours. The She Devils came down from the valley took no prisoners. More latter, the hotels connection is off an on full AAR will follow later! It was great meeting Bill and seeing Stuart and JJ again, plus the their friends from the Valley!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8220055.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. The Guns of August
    By Albert Ross in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 08:54
  2. Guns of August August 23rd - 25th , 2013 Williamsburg Virginia!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 05:07
  3. National: Guns Of August!
    By richard m schwab in forum US Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 13:53
  4. Off To Guns OF August!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 05:33
  5. Guns Of August