Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns Of August 2015

Lightbulb Guns Of August 2015

Guns of August 2015 will be August 20th to the 23rd. It will held at the Holiday Inn Patriot Center in Williamsburg Virginia. This is a small fun convention, with a wide variety of gaming.

Rich

http://hamptonroadsgamers.org/index.html

So once again I have to spend my wedding anniversary with you playing games ? See what the wife has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    So once again I have to spend my wedding anniversary with you playing games ? See what the wife has to say.
    LOL !!!

Ugh. I'm going to miss it. I will be home Aug 1-14 by myself, then go to join the family in Maine 15-23.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I already know what my wife will say; I mentioned Historicon..... :
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Bob

No game Saturday Night! I found a great Italian restaurant 5 minutes from named Giuseppes Italian Restaurant. A lintel soup that was featured in Bon Appetite magazine! I know it`s Tia!

Rich

http://www.giuseppes.com/home

Chris

Does that match your daughters return to school?

Rich

Karl

Forget Historicon, come visit the Historic Triangle! Plus the MAM is an hour and a half away!

Rich

Bob and i discussed at Warbirds doing some more Eastern Front games in August. Between us we have a dozen Il-2`s that should make for some interesting gaming!

Rich

This will be a good time, and I enjoy the Eastern Front games.

Wife says all is good for GOA. I will have my LaGG's done way before then so that gives me 6 of them.
    Last edited by BobP; 05-29-2015 at 14:39.

No Sat night game? I have something in mind for then if we do an open game or should I set something up ? I have not run a game before so would want your help. Dinner is always at the Thai restaurant where John's wife works. They have good food and since my wife is Thai we get a little extra food. Also they have Thai beer---Singha.

GOA is sounding better and better! It's 4 1/2 hours from me, and a month after Historicon, but I might just give it a shot. Any chance of playing some WGF there?

Smile

David

Non of those high altitude missions! Low altitude with lots of troop targets and AA!

Rich

Bob

I am going to scheduled a game Friday night and Saturday morning. How about a game Saturday afternoon, i might have to work that Sunday. If so i will not be there Saturday night. My ability to eat Thai is Lad Na normally very bland!
    Rich

I just registered my two games 6pm Friday and 8am Saturday. Both four hours and 1942 Eastern Front!

Rich

Have to get busy building the LaGG's. Have to look at the site to register for the show and get my room.

So far my Russian AF is

2 Po-2's
    2 LaGG's
    3 Strumovicks
    Have to see what I can pick up at Historicon or order from NWS

Have both reservations made so see you in Aug. Didn't think how close it was. Reading show this weekend/surprise trip next weekend/ Historicon and then GOA. I also have an army unit get together in Aug but haven't seen anything about that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Chris

Does that match your daughters return to school?

Rich
    I'm probably going to miss it by a couple of days Rich. I think classes start the 26th and I'm not sure of the first day the dorms will be open.

Chris still worth the trip. Get your daughter used to being back in VA.

Chris

That is to bad! Maybe will see you!

Rich

Bob

I think John may be running a WW1 game.

Rich

Okay, I just registered to run a WGF game on Saturday at 2pm. It's called "Adriatic Aces" and features Caproni's trying to bomb Trieste, assisted by Macchi flying boats and an Ansaldo SVA-5, opposed by a Hansa-Brandenburg flying boat, an Aviatik D.I, and various Austro-Hungarian Albatri. Should be fun!

Bill

Great! Should be a great weekend!

Rich

Sounds like a good game Bill. I know Rich will have 2 good games. See you in a few weeks.

It sounds like a good lineup of WW1 and WW2 games! Both WOW and other rules sets!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Okay, I just registered to run a WGF game on Saturday at 2pm. It's called "Adriatic Aces" and features Caproni's trying to bomb Trieste, assisted by Macchi flying boats and an Ansaldo SVA-5, opposed by a Hansa-Brandenburg flying boat, an Aviatik D.I, and various Austro-Hungarian Albatri. Should be fun!
    Too bad I'm going to miss this. I'll be getting down sometime on Sunday. Wouldn't mind see Trieste again considering that I haven't been there since 1972.

I just got an invitation to my nephews wedding and it's during the Guns of August Event. I just had to withdraw my reservations. I was hoping to surprise my fellow Wings of War members that host and participate in this event. Sorry guys I was looking forward to it. At least I got to see a few of you at Historicon 2015.

Lou sorry you can't make GOA but understand why. Was great to see you at Historicon. There is always Fall In in Nov.

Chris

Another near miss again! Maybe next February!

Rich

Lou

That is a rough conflict! We had a great time on your last trip down here! There is always the Muster in February!

Rich

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eduardo
    Sorties Flown

Hello Gents,

I'm a new transplant to Virginia (we moved from RI around a year ago), so this will be my first time at Guns of August. I've already preregistered and am hoping I can catch up with you all on Saturday-I'm really looking forward to it! Although I haven't seen an announcement on their website, it sounds like I might be able to catch a morning game (hosted by Richard) and an afternoon game (hosted by Bill), is that correct? Is there anything I need to do to reserve a spot at the table?

Also, I'm just curious Richard - where in Virginia do you live? Are you near Charlottesville?

Thanks guys!

Eduardo

We look forward to seeing you! You are correct my game is at 8 am WW2 over Russia and Bills in the Saturday afternoon. GOA and the February Williamsburg Muster are low stress events no sign up sheets and always room for one more! They still have not posted an events list on the GOA web site. They are working on it! I live in Virginia Beach.

Rich

Eduardo looking forward to meeting you next month. I have played many of Rich's games and Bill ran a really good one at Historicon so I know we will have a good time.

Thumbs up

Eduardo

We have a good group we play with, win lose or draw we have fun!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2060015.jpg   P2070061.jpg   P8220067.jpg   P8220059.jpg  

Users Country Flag

Name
    Eduardo
    Sorties Flown

Hi guys - thanks for the responses (and the pictures too!) Unfortunately, last night my wife cast some doubt that I'll be able to attend the event (darn it!). There's still a chance I might be able to do at least part of the day - I'll update the thread once I find out.

Rich - I realized after I posted that your signature said it all Next time I'm in your area, I'll send you a PM - maybe we can organize a meetup. Speaking of signatures, is your picture from Rise of Flight? I'm not an active player at the moment, but I am familiar with it.

Eduardo

We hope to see you if possible!

Rich

Thumbs up

Bob

Two new planes for the games! Just finished the IL-4 and another IL-2.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6655.jpg   100_6654.jpg   100_6656.jpg  

Eduardo

Where the image is from i cannot tell you. It goes back a while.

Rich

I have a room booked for Saturday night at GofA, plan on driving down early that morning.

Thumbs up

Stuart

It will be good to see you again! Looking forward to the weekend!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Stuart

It will be good to see you again! Looking forward to the weekend!

Rich
    Yessir! It's been a while..........my nemesis (the mrs) had to have major surgery 2 years ago then got diagnosed with breast cancer: they got it in time but she still had to go down the long road of radiation and chemo with all that entails. She's fine now and looking forward to the event very much

Look forward to seeing you Stuart. Safe trip and I know we will have some good gaming.

Tell her you are going to war.

Smile

Stuart

It will be great seeing both of you! I am glad to hear she is doing better. Tell her i said stay out of the hotel bar! There is a micro brewery near the hotel, called the AleWerks Brewing Company. A favorite of flyers on both sides of the pond! My favorite is the Washington Porter!
    Should i warn everyone about Nemesis, or should they learn hard way!

Rich

http://alewerks.com/

Smile

One week and counting!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6689.jpg   100_6693.jpg   100_6690.jpg   100_6687.jpg  

Smile

Three Day and counting! Bring your F Decks if you have any! OldGuy59 hooked me up with a great IL-4 card, thank you Mike. The games afoot!

Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. The Guns of August
    By Albert Ross in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 08:54
  2. Guns of August August 23rd - 25th , 2013 Williamsburg Virginia!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 05:07
  3. National: Guns Of August!
    By richard m schwab in forum US Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 13:53
  4. Off To Guns OF August!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 05:33
  5. Guns Of August