Ares Games

Thread: Carl's Jr./Hardee's Finally Goes Too Far...

Default Carl's Jr./Hardee's Finally Goes Too Far...

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/bu...merican-burger

"My favorite part of this story is not the culinary peak or valley the sandwich represents, but the fact that, reportedly, it's an idea that Carl's Jr. and Hardee's have had for a long time."

LOL, Chris, perfect timing on that meme... also aptly describes a FOURTH installment in the franchise it's drawn from.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    LOL, Chris, perfect timing on that meme... also aptly describes a FOURTH installment in the franchise it's drawn from.
    Yes -- the Unsubtle Middle Finger to the flick which put the Executive Producer on the map is particularly notable.... (What's the mosasaur eating?)

From the "park website":
    ... as it gives Jaws his just desserts.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

From the "park website":
    Like I said: Unsubtle Middle Finger.

I just wonder what Steven'll make of the alt-hist short-story I have lined up to release on June 20th....

Actually, you Pott-heads killed Jaws long before this, with demolishing the ride to make room for *barf* Diagon Alley...

Actually, you Pott-heads killed Jaws long before this, with demolishing the ride to make room for *barf* Diagon Alley... :(
    Oh, trust me -- I read the article declaiming about how the removal of the _JAWS_ ride in favor of a _Harry Potter_ area was "the triumph of CGI over Practical Effects"; here was my response to the author of that piece, in its entirety:

Dear Sir:

The _JAWS_ ride was not removed in favor of Harry Potter because "CGI Trumps Practical Effects"; it was removed because a Theme Park is Family-Friendly Entertainment, and Harry Potter is Family-Friendly Entertainment, WHILE A 25-FOOT-LONG FLOATING MURDER MACHINE *ISN'T*.

Do please try using Logic and Reason before opening your mouth -- there is quite enough ill-informed idiocy on the Internet already.

[end]

To date, I have not received a reply. >:)

Similar Missions

1. WSF Fokker DVII flown by Carl Degelow
    By PFactorDave in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 07:53
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 03:30
  3. Wilhelm and Carl strike again
    By Linz in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 11:46
  4. Hauptmann Carl Seber?