Ares Games

Thread: Finally...Pictures

Default Finally...Pictures

If you go to my Public Profile Page, you can finally see pictures of the kits I have built and some of the repaints I have done. Kits include Nieuport 11, Neiuport 28, Se5a, Sopwith Triplane, Sopwith Dolphin, Albatros D-II, Pfalz D-III, Pfalz D-XII, and Junkers D-I. Comming soon Fokker D-VI.

Great job on a very nice collection of aircraft.

Great job Greg. Like them a lot.

Default Finally...Pictures

Greg!
    Nice shots Well worth the wait Wing Man!

Rich

Bobby, Tom, Steve, and Wingman Richard, thank you for the kind comments. It would seem that Steve only likes the paint and not the planes.

Beautiful work Greg. Great stuff.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblie3 View Post
    Beautiful work Greg. Great stuff.
    John.
    Thanks John.

Thanks Major, I need to work on the painting, it's my weak spot. Mabey get some advice from Rob. I solved the painting problem with the Fokker D-VI(almost done!) it has 18 seperate decals all cut by hand.

Frankly Greg, if I could paint models half as well, I would be more than satisfied. I think you are doing yourself down.
    John

Great stuff!
    Send some picture to the modding contest...

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Great stuff!
    Send some picture to the modding contest...
    Thanks Andrea. What contest, where?

Thanks for the info Dom.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

You're welcome.

Hi Greg,
    Great job, how do you decide what to re-paint or build is it based on what you like the look of or what you need for a specific game etc?

Cheers Aled

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Hi Greg,
    Great job, how do you decide what to re-paint or build is it based on what you like the look of or what you need for a specific game etc?

Cheers Aled
    Aled, that is a good question. Usually based on what I like. The first 2 I built were the Nieuport 11 and Phaflz. I chose those 2 because they seemed pretty easy to put together. The wing struts were in one piece, and I wanted a Phaflz D-III(influenced by the "Blue Max"no doubt) and a Nieuport 11(more than a 17). Once I learned I could build these kits then it was based on what I want. As for the repaints I wanted a lozenge covered Fokker D-VII. The first was the green and white D-VII. I had accidently removed the side crossed while masking for the green paint. So I used a strip of lozenge decal with crosses on them. Looked good so I experimented with the wing lozenge decals, these were just cut into strips not full wing. Then I moved on to the full lozenge Fokker D-VII. The black triplane is for Joseph Jacobs and the yellow and blue was just an idea, no reason, other than I thought it looked good.

I just finished a Fokker D-VI, just thought it was a cool plane and want to try the cabine struts, sort of as practice for a Fokker D-VIII which I am working on now. Plus a float plane(Hansa-Brandenburg W29) and a flying boat (Macchi M-5). As for the last two wanted to try something different and something WoW is not going to make.

Hope that answers your question did not mean to ramble so long. Thanks for the complement.

Similar Missions

1. Finally took the "Giant" Plunge
    By afilter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 10:29
  2. Repaint pictures
    By Von Rotherham in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 23:28
  3. Looking for Profiles or Pictures
    By Steve in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 0